Fc Stoneywood

fan of the juniors

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading that they have a new ground ?

Any info for us Blasties travelling up on the 22nd?

Nearest pub covered enclosure etc ?

#COTB

Was up there a few months back mate! It's a nice wee set up but there is no enclosure and also the park sits right next to the airport so can be a tad noisy! If my memory serves me right there is a pub right on the corner as u turn in the street that the parks on (literally a 2 min walk). The set up is very similar to the ants park (altho not as good a surface). Hope you enjoy the trip!

Was up there a few months back mate! It's a nice wee set up but there is no enclosure and also the park sits right next to the airport so can be a tad noisy! If my memory serves me right there is a pub right on the corner as u turn in the street that the parks on (literally a 2 min walk). The set up is very similar to the ants park (altho not as good a surface). Hope you enjoy the trip!

Cheers bud

#COTB

We went into the spiders web when we played dyce which is the pub i suspect spud is on about. If it is good wee pub, bit pricey but you can expect that up in Aberdeen.

We played Dyce up there last year - there seems to be a helicopter coming in low over the park from the rigs every few minutes towards the airport. The pub we went to after was the Greentree or something along those lines on the main street. Excellent stovies IIRC :)

The Woodend Bar on Market St is a 2 minute walk from the park. There is no cover and the park is very exposed right under the flight path. Need to hope it stays dry or the game could well be off.

Do Stoneywood not have problems with their park just now?

Drainage problems I believe. Has been alot of activity at the park last few weeks, possibly drains being replaced but couldn't really see when driving by.

Stoneywood have only played about 4 games on their own pitch this season. On Saturday they played Deveronside away in a "home" Scottish Cup tie. They have been given a new facility by the builders who developed their old site. However it seems to be not up to scratch drainage wise and whenever it rains their games are off.

I would be surprised if this cup tie goes ahead on their own pitch; most likely they will have to find another pitch in Aberdeen which doesn't have a home game on the 22nd.

The way they have been treated is a shame because Stoneywood is a good football club.

Archived