• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to intrude on your thread guys - was just stalking the Championship forum generally as there seems to be some interesting games on this weekend.

I saw your book taking pride of place in the sports section of Falkirk's Waterstones a couple of months ago Kierkegaard and from the few pages I managed to get a squint at, it seemed like it'd be something I'd enjoy. My uncle (he and my dad were brought up in Hill of Beath) has the original but I've never gotten round to getting a loan of it. He said it was an excellent read so I'll need to get it at some point. Hope the updated version is a success and raises a few quid for the club.

Thanks LP. Hope you enjoy the book when you get it.

I am planning to go to this game although I haven’t got a ticket. I assume Hibs fans willl just be able to turn up on the day and pay at turnstile/buy a ticket then? Can Blue Brazil fan confirm this is likely to be the case? I will look out for any message on this from Hibs site - usually there is something on the site on a Friday about admission arrangements. I would expect around 1500 Hibs fans at the game.

I am planning to go to this game although I haven’t got a ticket. I assume Hibs fans willl just be able to turn up on the day and pay at turnstile/buy a ticket then? Can Blue Brazil fan confirm this is likely to be the case? I will look out for any message on this from Hibs site - usually there is something on the site on a Friday about admission arrangements. I would expect around 1500 Hibs fans at the game.

Just give the Cowdenbeath cub office a quick ring . They will be happy to help. Tel 01383 610166.

I heard it was copies of The Ultimate Dummies guide to being an utter useless Footballer and a tosspot.

Does anyone give a flying fandango?

Cowden fans eh.

giphy.gif

Gallagher does have talent but he's not physically ready to play 90 mins showing his skill. He needs games week in week out (along with the right conditioning) to get himself to a level where he is fit enough during games to be able to do what he wants to do.

Oneyuga is in the same boat.

Cash gates just announced for tomorrow.

Good question, Mr Romanov. Alex Ferguson was a fan of the original edition of Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil right from the start. I had got to know him (he's no relation) when I was researching the life story of George MacLeod, founder of the Iona Community. MacLeod had been minister of Govan Old Parish church in the 1930s. He used to preach at street corners in Govan. One of the many he influenced was Alexander Ferguson, father of Alex. Alex told me all about it. Fergie also helped a young lad in my parish when I was minister of St Magnus Cathedral in Orkney. The boy was going through a hard time, and Fergie sent him a letter and a Man U strip with Ryan Giggs's name o the back (the lad's fav player). What I love about Sir Alex is that, despite all his deserved success, he has never forgotten his roots. When I asked him to write a foreword for the new edition of the book, he immediately agreed. It's a very funny foreword! - including some great stories about playing at Central Park.

could you ask sir alex if he would like to go back even further in his roots and take up the management position at ibrox :lol:

nah good luck on the book , hope it sells well. Ih cowdenbeath play like they did the other night then they have every chance of pulling a result v hibs but I expect a hibs 2-1 win in all honesty.

could you ask sir alex if he would like to go back even further in his roots and take up the management position at ibrox :lol:

nah good luck on the book , hope it sells well. Ih cowdenbeath play like they did the other night then they have every chance of pulling a result v hibs but I expect a hibs 2-1 win in all honesty.

thanks. hope you're right

Statement from club about arrangements for entry to the ground tomorrow.

Cowdenbeath v Hibernian

Saturday 8th November 2014

Kick off 3.00pm

There are still a number tickets available for both home and away supporters. It has now been agreed with the police that there will be cash gates in operation on Saturday.

Cowdenbeath supporters will have cash entry into the Old Stand – enter by the High Street turnstiles - and Hibernian supporters will have cash entry into the West Terrace - enter by Chapel Street turnstiles.

Cowdenbeath supporters can still purchase tickets from the office at Central Park up until 5pm today.

Hibernian Supporters can still purchase tickets for the South Terrace from Easter Road. Please note, the South Terrace is all ticket, there will be no cash entry into this area on Saturday.

Admission Prices - £18 adults and £9 concessions (over 65 and under 16) – ID will be required for entry into the concession gate.

Archived