League Two programmes

When we played at Gayfield in the Cup Arbroath said that might be their last programme but I'm not sure they have stopped yet. You'll find out soon though.

I think QP are the only ones in our division at present (if you count Annan's monthly job as a prog) but at least QP dish out a single sheet folded into a 4 page glorified teamsheet which sort of (?) counts as a mini programme. That I think might be the way forward for some clubs who find it hard to get contributors and these days we can't expect the wee clubs to make a loss on progs. On a 4 page mini (at 20p or free), one folded sheet of paper all you need is a front cover, the squads/teams on the back, fixtures in the middle and maybe a Chairman's or Manager's bit to fill in the other page.

I'm a collector too but understand the problem some clubs are having. That's one reason I write articles for them as a volunteer - maybe other should help their clubs likewise although I suspect the vast majority of fans couldn't give a toss about progs now.

When we played at Gayfield in the Cup Arbroath said that might be their last programme but I'm not sure they have stopped yet. You'll find out soon though.

I think QP are the only ones in our division at present (if you count Annan's monthly job as a prog) but at least QP dish out a single sheet folded into a 4 page glorified teamsheet which sort of (?) counts as a mini programme. That I think might be the way forward for some clubs who find it hard to get contributors and these days we can't expect the wee clubs to make a loss on progs. On a 4 page mini (at 20p or free), one folded sheet of paper all you need is a front cover, the squads/teams on the back, fixtures in the middle and maybe a Chairman's or Manager's bit to fill in the other page.

I'm a collector too but understand the problem some clubs are having. That's one reason I write articles for them as a volunteer - maybe other should help their clubs likewise although I suspect the vast majority of fans couldn't give a toss about progs now.

We have a programme every week now, different supplier from the start of the season tho. Much better now IMO.

Arbroath were close to getting rid of their matchday programme after the editor quit and printing costs had it running at a loss over the last few seasons. The club put one together for the Montrose League game on the 30th of August and combined extra information on the the team sheet that is always available to buy from the club shop on game day as it looked like that the Montrose programme would be the last.

However thankfully a company (JJ Sports) from England came to the rescue and have since produced and printed every home game since. They started with a reduce number sent out to print, but thankfully sales have been promising and the reaction so welcoming that more and more have been getting printed for subsequent games.

Archived