Brechin v Stirling

Thought we huffed and puffed,Graham Smith had some decent saves! Seen us play better and lose! Everyone played well enough . Stirling might have sneaked a draw at the end. Hamilton did handle ball for pen although in attack leading up to it I thought 2 stirling players looked offside...A gd 3 points with a so so performance ..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must apologise to George Salmond. For most of the game I was giving him pelters only to realise it was Northcroft reffing !! :lol: .....Right enough nobody can be as biased as Northcroft

Basically all there was to shout about tonight were the terrible refereeing decisions. The game itself was pretty poor but thought that we did enough to win. Bobby Barr once again put in a shift and maybe deserved a goal late in the second half.

A good 3 points but no thanks to Northcroft who makes it his mission to send off a Brechin player every game he refs.

A pretty poor game of football. Graeme Smith saved us on a few occasions during the first half and with the penalty save but other than that I thought City looked relatively comfortable without really getting out of first gear.

Stirling looked poor and will almost certainly go down unless they strengthen, particularly in defence.

A few absolutely baffling decisions from Northcroft as per but it would appear he made the correct call with the penalty and red card.

Northcroft - what can you say...

Interesting to see Calum Davidson and Tommy Wright present tonight

Also spotted Grant Murray, Raith gaffer leaving the Glebe at the end. Would be interested to see who they are looking at - Robert Thomson gaining a few admirers perhaps? His scoring record is good and his workrate is second to none.

Also spotted Grant Murray, Raith gaffer leaving the Glebe at the end. Would be interested to see who they are looking at - Robert Thomson gaining a few admirers perhaps? His scoring record is good and his workrate is second to none.

Thomo's workrate is good but he has to learn to read the game. Loads of times tonight he was either the wrong side of the defender or caught on his heels when the ball was knocked on. If he gets a bit sharper he could latch on to quite a bit more around the box.

Just back from the game, didn't expect much but with a bit of luck we could have got maybe a point. First half had a couple of chances before Brechin scored.

Second half, Brechin had a man sent off and we were awarded a penalty and the keeper saves from Gordon Smith. 2 minutes later the Brechin sub who had just come on scores with his first touch of the ball and were 2-0 down. We manage to pull one back but end up losing 2-1.

We can only hope to improve this Saturday when we play Stranraer at Forthbank, 3 points would be a nice and our 1st home league win of the season. Fingers crossed.

Only one thing worse than Stirlings performance was Mat Northcrofts. Fucking hell he's a disgrace.

Nice to see Stirling played their mascot tonight in the number 11 shirt. Even made Bobby Barr look like a giant! :lol:

11 was brilliant today super sandy he could be playing in a higher league soon he is only 19 and better than half your pish

11 was brilliant today super sandy he could be playing in a higher league soon he is only 19 and better than half your pish

In the Championship. :lol: :lol: :lol: For who?

Or have you already accepted relegation?

He did earn us points that is true it was just so frustrating in some games especially against Elgin in the 2-2 draw for me he was our second best player behind Crawford but think Doris and smith are better and sandy will become better

I take back what i said about smith being better than white smith should be playing with a under 5 team

It would appear another unconvincing win.

There are some terrible teams about in this league if we can win whilst being barely average ourselves.

Moves a foot in January would bolster the squad however Mck record in the transfer market aint the best.

Archived