Brechin v Stirling

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brechin played a friendly tonight against Montrose and won 4-0, Riordan played the full 90 minutes and scored the 1st goal, from what i heard he was very impressive in the game and probably should have got a few more, wouldn't surprise me if Brechin make him a offer until January and see how it goes from there.

Riordan looked decent last night but is obviously still short of match fitness. Given a run of games he could run riot at this level.

Bizarrely we also had Pedro Moutinho upfront alongside Riordan. I thought he retired through injury.

An interested Derek Riordan would rip even the best teams in Scotland apart but the one that "played" for Alloa couldn't even rip his payslip apart when I saw him. I was a massive Riordan fan, another Scottish youngster who should of achieved so much more in the game than he actually did, he could of been a modern great like James McFadden but for whatever reason it just didn't happen for him. Will be interesting to see what Riordan rocks up at Brechin now, for their fans sake I hope it's a better one than the one that rocked up at Alloa.

As for Mountinho, thought he was coaching now?? Not a goal scorer but no doubt he was a decent player for Falkirk.

This is a big game for Stirling and a must win one as we need to put pressure on the other teams at this side of the table airdrie and stenny especially hope there's a big away support

Doubt there will be a big away support, Tuesday night up in Brechin won't exactly attract many people

This is a big game for Stirling and a must win one as we need to put pressure on the other teams at this side of the table airdrie and stenny especially hope there's a big away support

We're 4 points off 9th and it's not even Christmas yet so it's far to early to say it's must win!!

As for a big away support, there aren't any supporters buses going which indicates to me that there is very little demand to go.

Archived