Stirling Albion v Hurlford United

headthebaw

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it was an effort but we managed to win thru to the next round by penalties. Not the greatest of performances from the Albion but we managed to hang in their and thanks to Steven Doris for his 2 goals in keeping us in this tie and his winning penalty kick. We face Raith Rovers at home on the 29th November and if we are to progress we really need to improve.

The new management team have got off to a winning start but I am sure from the performance today they will know they face a tough challenge to keep us in League 1.

Hard luck to Hurlford today but they really should have beaten us last Saturday but did not take their chances and as luck would have it we managed in the end to win.

It would be harsh to say we didn't deserve to win, or that Hurlford deserved to lose.

However, we were pushed all the way over both games and then some. Some terrific penalty kicks from both teams including the keepers!

Excellent support from the Hurlford fans today.

I was working today so missed the game. I listened to the penalties as I was driving home and was just delighted and relieved when I heard that we'd gone through.

A massive well done to Hurlford over the 2 games, they done themselves proud.

As a Hurlford fan who has went with the team to every home and away tie in the scottish cup I feel credit due where credit deserved

We gave a good account of ourselfs that players and fans included

I was in the stands today and could only hear Hurlford fans all game

Now you say we only have 50

At the game but that 50 showed more heart and noise than 500 home fans

As a Hurlford fan who has went with the team to every home and away tie in the scottish cup I feel credit due where credit deserved

Didn't you lot have a bell? If so then that doesn't count and you cannot create atmosphere

I think the applause given by the Albion fans to the Hurlford players at the end showed that we knew Hurlford had given their all over the two games. Conditions made the game a bit of a lottery for a spell in the 2nd half with a mistake from a ball sticking on the waterlogged bits of the pitch looking likely. Hurlford tired first, late in the second half, Stirling tired by half way in the extra time. Some cracking penalties, not sure how many of them could be saved by any keeper. Hurlford were definitely not a bunch of stereotypical junior cluggers. Thank god the weather yesterday wasn't like that for the first leg!

How the Albion managed to get through this tie is a bit of a mystery as we have been rank rotten in both games. No wonder we have changed manager recently. Home fans have been pretty quiet all season as there is very little to get behind at the moment.

I didn't see anyone say there was only 50 Hurlford fans at the game, but it was a lot more than that, maybe 150.

Anyway, the distribution of noise (aside from the air horn and bell) reflects how important the game was to each team. Rightly or wrongly this was not a match that captured the enthusiasm of the Stirling fans, with only 400 or so bothering to turn up.

Home fans have been pretty quiet all season as there is very little to get behind at the moment.

I am sure the the last time there was a song at an games this season was when we were top of the league for about 20 minutes against peterhead

I am sure the the last time there was a song at an games this season was when we were top of the league for about 20 minutes against peterhead

Dunfermline at home...although the KFC people were telling us to

Yet again a successful Junior team being turfed out of the cup by a crap senior outfit, contrary to the delusions of grandeur peddled by their so-called top level rivals.

I'd hate to think what that post was like before you edited it! ????

Archived