Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

Elixir

Willie Gollum the Hobbit referee hiding from a reasonable request for explanations on his decisions. There can be no complaints about his decision to send Gomis off. (Shame he hadn't the whistle for the Jambos v the Rangers as surely he would have expedited Boyd and Millar in the same way?)

As for the penalty that ended the game as a contest, I hope that he makes his report to say that he had been induced into error by a celtic player who should now be offered a two match ban.

Fat chance.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name calling from a Celtic fan!!! Goes along with the terrorist bile spued out by them from the start of the game to the finish not mention spitting on ball boys and booing of the 10 year old lads and lassies on the pitch at half-time. Scum.

:rolleyes:

^^^ Heads gone.

, I hope that he makes his report to say that he had been induced into error by a celtic player who should now be offered a two match ban.

Fat chance.

Induced :lol:

Gone on then, what did Gudetti do to "induce" him :lol:

Eh, he tried to cheat the ref by diving.

Looks like he lost his footing as others have said, but hey ho, he never claimed the pen, Collum could easily have waved it away.

still, him losing his footing won't help you with your tin foil hat shenanigans.

Name calling from a Celtic fan!!! Goes along with the terrorist bile spued out by them from the start of the game to the finish not mention spitting on ball boys and booing of the 10 year old lads and lassies on the pitch at half-time. Scum.

Waiting for your answer....

Anytime now, I'm sure

Compliance officer Tony McGlennan examined video footage of the incident and ruled Guidetti has no case to answer.

A key element in Guidettis favour was he made no appeal to ref Willie Collum and McGlennan was satisfied the striker merely slipped and did not deliberately try to con the whistler.

The Swedish frontman was labelled a "conman" by Sky Sports pundit Neil McCann after his part in the penalty decision which killed off Hearts' hopes of winning the William Hill Scottish Cup clash at Tynecastle.

The on-loan Manchester City forward tumbled as Brad McKay slid in inside his own box seven minutes into the second half - but television replies showed the Jambos defender made no contact with his opponent.

Referee Willie Collum gave the spot-kick, though, and Celtic - already a goal up and playing against 10 men after Morgaro Gomis' first-half red card - went on to claim a 4-0 win and place in the last 16 after Guidetti himself dispatched the penalty.

Compliance officer Tony McGlennan examined video footage of the incident and ruled Guidetti has no case to answer.

A key element in Guidettis favour was he made no appeal to ref Willie Collum and McGlennan was satisfied the striker merely slipped and did not deliberately try to con the whistler.

The Swedish frontman was labelled a "conman" by Sky Sports pundit Neil McCann after his part in the penalty decision which killed off Hearts' hopes of winning the William Hill Scottish Cup clash at Tynecastle.

The on-loan Manchester City forward tumbled as Brad McKay slid in inside his own box seven minutes into the second half - but television replies showed the Jambos defender made no contact with his opponent.

Referee Willie Collum gave the spot-kick, though, and Celtic - already a goal up and playing against 10 men after Morgaro Gomis' first-half red card - went on to claim a 4-0 win and place in the last 16 after Guidetti himself dispatched the penalty.

*Big Peter L's unseen hand strikes again. 8)

*Not really. Guidetti clearly slipped.

Ye, cause Brown gets special treatment from officials.

]

Extrapolating from insufficient data post (and there's been a few of them on this thread)

In domestic football that second yellow was his 3rd ever dismissal for Celtic after a 90th minute second yellow against Motherwell 4 years ago and a straight red in an old firm game, the season before.

What a stupid tackle from Gomis. He's been one of our best players this season and a real revelation but this has excused his horrendous discipline. He was already on for a ban next week for the yellow cards he's picked up and that tackle was just plain stupid. Indefensible.

I thought we kept a decent shape after that but it was always just going to be a matter of time.

The penalty decision is quite incredible. Collum even paused and waited, I presume to see if the linesman gave it, and when he didn't he just gave it anyway. 99 times out a 100 the game was over anyway but it doesn't excuse the fact it was an awful decision. People asking for retrospective punishment can file Guidetti under Nicky Law from last week if your hoping for that.

From then on it was only a matter of how many and thankfully the Celtic players took it upon themselves to ignore Delia and play tippy tappy on the half way line meaning we saw out the last half hour with no further damage.

The test is next week to see the response. I would hope we can put it behind us and get back to what we have been doing in the league.

Also with Rangers (and Hibs) still in the cup there is the potential that we could be getting more points on the board during cup weekends.

That was frustrating, hate when a team resorts to that.

I think it would. The difference is that Scott brown is very clever when he fouls players, he wouldn't have gone steaming in with both feet like Gomis did.

This.

Scott Brown is the intelligent nutjob type. Not shy in throwing it about, but has the brain, usually, to know when and where to do it.

Extrapolating from insufficient data post (and there's been a few of them on this thread)

In domestic football that second yellow was his 3rd ever dismissal for Celtic after a 90th minute second yellow against Motherwell 4 years ago and a straight red in an old firm game, the season before.

Was a lot of shite that red card to be fair.

I'll say it again. Would it have been given if it had been a Brown tackle on Gomis? I doubt it very much.

I would have to agree with you there, Collum is inept and was terrible yesterday.

He should be made to explain his decisions and should be given a wee trip to the juniors to try and learn his trade!

Archived