Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

Elixir

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5rnJQriTzM

Not sure how this is a red. Won the ball,beat Brown to it and doesn't touch Brown

Err. Two footed, out of control and dangerous will do it every time. As easy a decision as you'll ever see. Probably explains why even that ref was able to get it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5rnJQriTzM

Not sure how this is a red. Won the ball,beat Brown to it and doesn't touch Brown

Think you need to familiarise yourself with football this side of the 1970s. Beating Brown to the ball and not touching him doesn't mean it's not a sending off. He's lunged in with both feet off the ground ffs, definite red card.

Collum's a tragic referee who had a shite game as per usual but that's one decision he quite clearly got right.

Don't be.....ALL Professional teams do it under the guise of "gaining an advantage"

Sadly it'll carry on until they start siting guilty players......even then I doubt it will stop.

Going down when a breeze of fresh air is not gaining an advantage, it's cheating.

Sadly indicative in today's game and is getting more embarrassing by the year, the associations should have retrospective punitive measures to stamp it out completely, points deductions or a goal to the opposition for obvious cheating by diving and bookings. This might stamp out the worst offenders and then tackle players who have been ran over by a freight train in a weak tackle rolling around as if their career is over.

I hate cheats in the game whether it be my team or others, beat them fair and square so no one can complain later.

Err. Two footed, out of control and dangerous will do it every time. As easy a decision as you'll ever see. Probably explains why even that ref was able to get it right.

At the time, I was shouting at the TV about the injustice of it all when the card came out.

A look at the replay however, quickly confirmed I'd got it wrong. A decent view dictates that it simply had to be a red. A mad challenge that wrecked the game.

Definite red card, no question about it. Stupid decision to fly in, and was pretty reckless too - think he got the red mist after not being awarded a freekick minutes earlier.

That penalty though, wow.

Jambo's getting all in a lather about nothing.

Penalty that never was is cancelled out by the perfectly good goal that we had chopped off. The sending off was a red card every day of the year.

So, what exactly is the issue?

You being serious?

If a ref can't get that decision right then he needs to quit the game. It couldn't be more blatant.

Perfectly serious.

At first, I really had no idea whether a penalty was right or not. With a replay however, it was clearly a mistake, drawn by a cheating b*****d of a player.

Refs are on a hiding to nothing, even when people don't set out to deliberately trick them.

Penalty that never was is cancelled out by the perfectly good goal that we had chopped off. The sending off was a red card every day of the year.

Brown never got sent off from reading their earlier posts during the match.

Not really. At 1-0 Hearts could still nick a result. At 2-0 and a man down they have no chance.

Archived