Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

Elixir

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the FIFA Laws of the Game:
"A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.
Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."
I don't think there is any debate about it. The challenge from Gomis easily falls within the above and correctly resulted in a red card. And I say this as someone who thinks Collum is a very poor referee.

Did he lunge at an opponent? He lunged at the ball, from my point of view. I don't think he even touched Brown. How close does the player need to be to the ball?

There clearly is a debate as you see tackles like that given yellows and sometimes not even a foul as well.

Wonder what they're singing? I'm a bit out of touch with the OF songbook. Is it anything to do with fitba?

Maybe something political like a pro-Israeli dittie for Biton?

Or Die Jugend Marschiert for Griffiths?

Don't know man, I try to not even think about it. It's just too upsetting.

Did he lunge at an opponent? He lunged at the ball, from my point of view. I don't think he even touched Brown. How close does the player need to be to the ball?

There clearly is a debate as you see tackles like that given yellows and sometimes not even a foul as well.

It doesn't matter if he touched him.

Border line, certainly seen them given as a red. Collum doesn't have any hesitation to send players off though.

Guess that's game over!

Yellow and a half IMO

Tackle like that in a nothing area though, must have wanted a half day.

Archived