• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate why are you getting all up tight,it doesn't help you.

No reason to, I know its too late to change the leagues this season for next season and in any case it would have to go to a vote, so I have no worry.

I take it you are either a Hearts or a Rangers supporter going by your previous posts, you don't seem one to give an opinion readily, what is your take on Strachan's comments?.

I reckon what he said is probably a widely held belief amongst a lot of ex-players from that era. I think he forgets that he's "Gordon Strachan - Scotland manager" rather than just "Gordon Strachan - ex-footballer and talking head" when he goes on these programs.

It's a load of contemptible shite all the same.

I've got a lot of respect for Strachan and what he did for Celtic, but every so often at pre/post press conferences he'd make such ludicrous statements that would even baffle the most unornamented of fans.

Are those fans that don't wear a scarf?

What Scotland manager ever has though? Ian Black got a call up playing 3rd division football ffs

I totally agree, I think Strachan has shown more contempt than most though and he isn't being very subtle about it!

No reason to, I know its too late to change the leagues this season for next season and in any case it would have to go to a vote, so I have no worry.

I take it you are either a Hearts or a Rangers supporter going by your previous posts, you don't seem one to give an opinion readily, what is your take on Strachan's comments?.

His opinion is only that...his opinion. There is no reason to get upset about someone else's opinion...if they think it is correct then you just have to accept it and move on.

If this did come to pass I would not agree with it but it would be funny seeing some of the people on here explode with rage,don't you think?

His opinion is only that...his opinion. There is no reason to get upset about someone else's opinion...if they think it is correct then you just have to accept it and move on. If this did come to pass I would not agree with it but it would be funny seeing some of the people on here explode with rage,don't you think?

Except he is the current Scotland manager so people will pay more attention to what he says.

But in reality there's no danger of any manipulation of the leagues any time soon.

Strachan is of course completely wrong. Hibs couldn't have been more shite last year and were still one minute away from survival. The other two let their ego's get in the way of reality and spent money they didn't have to keep up the pretence they were still powerful , and creditors have lost a fortune whilst the only responsibility they've faced is a short time outside the top league. Clearly all three have had it too easy so far, not the other way round.

Unfortunately opinions like Strachans are predictable though, we're kind of a big deal.

Except he is the current Scotland manager so people will pay more attention to what he says.

But in reality there's no danger of any manipulation of the leagues any time soon.

It does not matter one jot whether he's the king of Scotland he still has an opinion like every person in this country.

If you can't respect that, that is your problem.

I reckon what he said is probably a widely held belief amongst a lot of ex-players from that era. I think he forgets that he's "Gordon Strachan - Scotland manager" rather than just "Gordon Strachan - ex-footballer and talking head" when he goes on these programs.

It's a load of contemptible shite all the same.

I wouldn't restrict it to just Strachan's era, or ex-players. It increasingly feels like fans of the non-OF clubs are the only people involved in Scottish football that want fairness and genuine competition. Everyone else will only be happy when Rangers International and Celtic are winning everything as that's what 'Scottish football' is to them.

What Scotland manager ever has though? Ian Black got a call up playing 3rd division football ffs

2 points on this I suppose, Ian Black although a horrible p***k of a man was never a 3rd division player and the other point is I don't care what division boys are playing in, if they're good enough then play them. Carry on. :P

It does not matter one jot whether he's the king of Scotland he still has an opinion like every person in this country.

If you can't respect that, that is your problem.

Shite logic. Why don't you respect CityDave's opinion on Strachan's opinion?

It does not matter one jot whether he's the king of Scotland he still has an opinion like every person in this country. If you can't respect that, that is your problem.

I've never told you whether I respect his opinion or not, you are merely guessing.

Same goes for all the other posters on here, just because they don't agree with Strachan doesn't mean they don't respect his opinion.

Given your previous posts on this thread, there's only one poster on here that is clearly not showing respect for the opinions of others.

Keep replying Champ, your revealing more about yourself each time.

I wouldn't mind if he said:

'In terms of Scottish players getting some European experience, I would prefer the big 3 clubs to be in the top division, challenging for European qualification. However...'

There is an argument to be made that having the biggest clubs in lower divisions is harmful for player development (its not cut and dried but there is an argument there) - but to think that rules should be bent and broken in order to make that happen? That's just ridiculous.

As someone else has mentioned, it shows that he's way out of touch with the majority of Scottish football fans. I find that both surprising and disappointing.

Archived