Re lack of sponsorship, Saints Chairman Steve Brown had a Q&A session recently with some supporters and in response to the lack of sponsors question stated -

He laid blame for the lack of sponsorship for the league firmly at Doncaster’s feet, and said there was growing unrest at lack of movement on this aspect.

It's pleasantly surprisinging Brown actually states a name. Hopefully the clock is ticking.

When Dundee's CEO fecked up the sponsorship deal for this season we gave him his jotters, just saying......

From a certain financial viewpoint (not one I share I hasten to add) I can understand why the SFA/SPL or whoever want all the 'big' clubs in the top league but as others have said, then whats the point of all the other clubs, we could just go down to 10 clubs and we can all just support them.

For Strachan (who I like) to come out with this shit smacks of being very far removed from what the fans want and expect from our football competions and if he's said it on TV then I guess its been discussed somewhere behind the scenes. This is hugely disappointing that the people running our game don't seem to have learned anything from the whole Rangers debacle.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does he actually think there is any way in which this could, or would be allowed to happen? "Hibs finished 5th but we'll just replace European qualifiers Hamilton with them cause they have mare fans"

As likeable as he has been as Scotland manager, he doesn't half come across as a slavering moron at times.

I wonder what Strachans opinion would be if UEFA suddenly said we will manipulate the qualifying groups makeup so that only countries with populations of let's say more than 8 million are guaranteed a place in the finals ?

I suspect he would rightfully be outraged as would we all be . He is either kite flying for his employers or his position as a popular national football manager is going to his head .

For the Scotland manager to peddle that drivel is consistent with the attitude that was promoted by the hawkers of the Armageddon scenario when the 1872 founded club that once played at Ibrox was sent into liquidation. Those who want to cheat these 3 big supported clubs back up are the same members of that same football establishment, and much of the media, for whom the financial interests are often one and the same. Strachan is a fully paid up member of that establishment. This is the same establishment, with unbelievable salaries, that piss with impunity on us, the supporters - look at the ticket prices for watching Scotland- and who want a gravy train to carry on which for them requires the biggest clubs at the top. You couldn't make up the scathing contempt in which these guys regard us the punters. Gordon, if you believe what you said then you are a serious disappointment to me, and no doubt to many more. A top down view of scottish football that in many ways the model that was the downfall of all the bankruptcies we have seen - including the disgrace of my own club.

The current company at Ibrox were spectacularly admitted to the lowest tier of Scottish football to accommodate their likely size and importance in a complete overlooking of the rule-book and have since then progressed by sporting merit to their current place. (I make no comment on their present ownership and financial hiatus.) Hearts and Hibs were legitimately the two worst teams last year in the Premiership. All three clubs have been brilliantly supported by their loyal fans and it must be sporting endeavour that prevails in who goes up -the play offs are, at last, an improvement to the former closed shop.

If the suits remove any representation of fairness, indeed of hope in our wee football country, by listening to Gordon, it will be time for me to return to junior football.

Should prove to be a popular topic of discussion on Clyde 1 Super Scoreboard tonight. In fact that is the kind of place you'd expect to hear such drivel. Not from the national head coach.

Why don't we just go with a system where the 12 teams with the most season ticket holders come July 1st play in the top league? That'll make sure Scottish Football roars back to lead Europe, won't it?! :huh:

Should prove to be a popular topic of discussion on Clyde 1 Super Scoreboard tonight. In fact that is the kind of place you'd expect to hear such drivel. Not from the national head coach.

Hmmm, I might just phone in and noise them right up.

It is just a way to try and mask his personal feelings on Scottish football. I know he mentioned Hibs and Hearts but realistically in his mind it goes "Celtic, Rangers, who gives a f**k…" He is desperate to get Rangers players back involved in the national setup but probably realises he will have to wait until they get promoted. Once they do how long will it be before a Rangers player is involved in the Scotland squad? A matter of months (if even that)

He clearly does not care about the Scottish leagues despite being our national manager, I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't name most of the starting sides for our Premiership teams (even though as national boss he should).

Around the time of Strachan's appointment I remember David Moyes being interviewed by BBC Scotland Radio. He more or less said that the only important thing about Scottish football was Celtic and Rangers. I had fairly neutral views on Moyes prior to that.

Dundee fans talking about cheating,you could not make it up. :lol:

Dundee fans played their part in saving their club, what did Rangers fans do to save their club?, you couldn't make it up. :lol:

Oh wait you could, for the last two and half years. :lol:

Nice playing Champ. ;)

Putting the The Rangers thing to one side, both Hearts and Hibs were relegated in line with the relegation/play off rules - albeit Hearts was 'aided' by a points deduction.

Is Strachan saying we should change this criteria? If not he's being totally dishonest and manipulative.

I think Strachan said something along these lines when it was just Rangers...and he wasn't alone among the "football" community. There was plenty of pundits, ex-players and managers said the same.

All 3 deserve to be where they are and no favours should be done to speed their return to the top division. They will return when they earn the right to do so, that is how a league system works. I would like to see a larger top division but it should only be done if it is thought out properly with a good plan not as a quick fix to rush 3 teams back to please the media.

Aye, so a club like Hamilton who operate with young, homegrown players without spending a penny being top of the league at the start of November is a bad thing. So bad in fact that we might have to actually engineer the return of these 'giants', two of which have already spent their way out of existence (or almost in Hearts case). What a great message that sends out to young players - Strachan's only interested in our biggest clubs.

f**k off Chesney.

I can guarantee that if Rangers do not go up this season, they'll attempt to reconstruct the league so they're put back in.
I hope that does happen,it would be utter fantastic viewing.
Dundee fans played their part in saving their club, what did Rangers fans do to save their club?, you couldn't make it up. :lol: Oh wait you could, for the last two and half years. :lol: Nice playing Champ. ;)
Mate why are you getting all up tight,it doesn't help you.

Archived