• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could not believe Strachan spouting that shit yesterday. In effect what he was saying if teams break rules or are relegated due to lack of overall points gained in a season, they should not be relegated as Lord Gordon deems them a big club. I'm sure he even suggested expanding the number of teams in the Premier League to make sure Hibs Hearts and Rangers are included. Hope Dumbarton win the play off now.

Good to see you back CB, I thought you'd gone and done a 'Confi' on us!! :thumsup2

He did disappear for some time after the ref rather than go into meltdown as per confi.

Right move imo.

I literally lol'd at his comments watching GOS yesterday. It was one of the most idiotic statements I've ever heard. Not just sporting related at that.

Yep. And despite all we've been through, the game's interesting from top to bottom. Hibs still play Hearts and there are big attendances, so no money lost there.

Only 2 clubs are suffering from this, but you guys all know that as well as me.

I'm genuinely not angry about GS' guff, just very disappointed in him.

These teams are in the lower leagues because they were either shite (Hibs) or financial basket cases.

It's all their own fault, it's ludicrous to suggest that efforts should be made to just put them back in the top flight because it's allegedly "good for the game".

Hibs went down because they were rubbish and couldn't beat Hamilton over two legs.

What would be good for the league is for the SPFL to work on sponsors and developing the game.

There are only 2 clubs that have really suffered, big drops in attendance!

Putting the The Rangers thing to one side, both Hearts and Hibs were relegated in line with the relegation/play off rules - albeit Hearts was 'aided' by a points deduction.

Is Strachan saying we should change this criteria? If not he's being totally dishonest and manipulative.

So anyone for a 10 team breakaway to lock out the smallest teams and protect the biggest clubs from relegation?.

What Strachan doesn't take into account is if the leagues are manipulated to serve one club or in this case three many supporters would turn their back on Scottish football. What would be the point in competition when the game is rigged and clubs that live within their means and earn their place in the top division are punished or disadvantaged because they don't have more than 10,000 supporters going to games.

Buuuuut, its too late to change the league now and all the teams have an equal say or vote in the matter, which clubs would vote for a change to the setup starting next season after all they went through a couple of years ago to get this far, 1 step forward, 2 steps back??.

Strachan made a bit of a c**t of himself on Goals on Sunday yesterday as well by saying that the two-footed flying challenge in the Stoke v West Ham was hilarious and didn't deserve a sending off as the guy jumped out the way.

I fear the wee man may be beginning to lose it.

Re lack of sponsorship, Saints Chairman Steve Brown had a Q&A session recently with some supporters and in response to the lack of sponsors question stated -

He laid blame for the lack of sponsorship for the league firmly at Doncaster’s feet, and said there was growing unrest at lack of movement on this aspect.

It's pleasantly surprisinging Brown actually states a name. Hopefully the clock is ticking.

Archived