Alloa Athletic v Livingston - Petrofac Cup Final Rehearsal

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would ye, aye? :P

That read like you thought it might be remotely possible!

I meant over mcglynn anyways.Doubt we could afford him. Idk who the affordable & right option is to keep us up. We aren't a league 1 club imo.

Tbh, I like bits of Adams character, but he gets a bad rep. Thats why I'm uncertain.

I meant over mcglynn anyways.Doubt we could afford him. Idk who the affordable & right option is to keep us up. We aren't a league 1 club imo.

Tbh, I like bits of Adams character, but he gets a bad rep. Thats why I'm uncertain.

He's a quality manager who gets results; he'll not be at Alloa or Livingston unless he screws up badly in his next job(s). Ludicrous decision by Ross County to let him go a few games into the season.

Barry Smith may well fit into the same category, but he hasn't had enough experience yet. Like Hartley, I think it'll be a bigger club he moves on to. Maybe Dundee again, when Hartley's snapped up by a big club down south. Like Barnsley :P

He's a quality manager who gets results; he'll not be at Alloa or Livingston unless he screws up badly in his next job(s). Ludicrous decision by Ross County to let him go a few games into the season.

Barry Smith may well fit into the same category, but he hasn't had enough experience yet. Like Hartley, I think it'll be a bigger club he moves on to. Maybe Dundee again, when Hartley's snapped up by a big club down south. Like Barnsley :P

I don't think smith would ever manage in the premiership again

We aren't a league 1 club imo.

What makes you say this? Is it our illustrious history? Our 10k seat stadium? Our massive Championship crowds?

Right now we're a first division club in waiting, make no bones about it.

What makes you say this? Is it our illustrious history? Our 10k seat stadium? Our massive Championship crowds?

We should be a bottom half/ midtable championship side tbh, more so bottom half due to reducing budget obv.

Paul Hartley will be the next Celtic manager.

Heard it here first.

I feel dirty trying to cheer up a Livi fan, but...your crowds and facilities imply you're a Championship club with potential to move higher.

You have a history of being created and run by rogues and vagabonds, however. Are there other teams in Livingston, just out of curiosity?

As a personal decision, or because you don't think he's good enough?

I don't think he is good enough and nobody would take a chance on him. He has found his level in the championship IMO.

Paul Hartley will be the next Celtic manager.

Heard it here first.

Dunno why he'd take the Celtic job when Man United will be available again soon.

Thinking about it, they treat their managers like shite. Better off going to a nice wee community club in the Conference. Champions League before he's 50, IMO.

I don't think he is good enough and nobody would take a chance on him. He has found his level in the championship IMO.

Ah well, time will tell. Don't think he's had enough time yet, and he's still learning. I have faith ;)

Keeping us up this season would be as big an achievement as anything PH managed, IMO.

There's Livingston United who play in the East Region South Division of the Junior leagues. Not sure if there's anyone else though.

Seems like a decent enough wee club. I'm sure they could use more fans.

Ah well, time will tell. Don't think he's had enough time yet, and he's still learning. I have faith ;)

Keeping us up this season would be as big an achievement as anything PH managed, IMO.

With Cowdenbeath still in the league you have a fighting chance of avoiding automatic relegation. Still needing a couple of quality loan players who can make a difference. Cowdens loan players showed their worth when they horsed us a few weeks back.

With Cowdenbeath still in the league you have a fighting chance of avoiding automatic relegation. Still needing a couple of quality loan players who can make a difference. Cowdens loan players showed their worth when they horsed us a few weeks back.

Was surprised to see us leapfrog Dumbarton yesterday too. So far, our goals for & against columns are looking pretty decent compared to the other part-timers.

Couldn't be arsed posting anything yesterday, but i'll give it a go today.

Thought we played decent stuff, not the usual punts up to White, we kept the ball on the deck and patiently worked the ball up the pitch and created chances. That's where we fell flat on our arses though, couldn't score and our shooting is chronic. Also can't take a corner or put in a decent cross, Alloa in the 2nd half caused us all kinds of problems with the balls they put in and we cleared 3 off the line.

Best shot was Talbot's from distance heading to the top corner but the keeper did well to get over to it. We had much better chances than that from inside the box though and Jordan White can't blame not being given service for not scoring, he's gone right off the boil since his hattrick against Alloa.

Don't know what the solution is thb, wouldn't blame McGlynn for yesterday as we played decent enough football, and if we weren't sitting 2nd bottom I wouldn't have been too concerned about losing yesterday as we played ok, but points are just not coming our way and it is getting desperate.

Archived