Alloa Athletic v Livingston - Petrofac Cup Final Rehearsal

Cracking match thread, we're onto talking about Lidl car parks now. :lol:

And its still a million times better than anything wasps1 would contribute to it.

Anyway, onto more important things - council workers should be using public transport to get to work not clogging up Alloa's car parks. They should be setting an example.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody has mentioned KFC yet, mmmmmm deep fried chicken.by the Col.

Alloa is another ground I like going to so despite how badly we're playing i'll head through to this. Gallagher may get a start too so our prospect would take a wee turn for the better if Sives is dropped for him.

Northcroft the ref, name rings a bell, prob not in a good way.

Dirty cooncil bassas :angry:

KFC's always surprisingly empty after games too, so fill your boots, lads. I'm usually in to pick a meal up for the wife, so feel free to say hello :D

Been feeling like crap for the past few weeks, which led to me missing the Hertz game, and generally being miserable. Dragging my sore flabby arse along today anyway; if I'm going to be miserable, I might as well be watching The Wasps slump to defeat against a soulless franchise deliver a stirring win against the forces of evil :thumsup2

Couldn`t make game so following from work and according to bbc and twitter it`s all livingstone.

It was, especially the first half. We came more into it in the second and we actually had four chances cleared off the line by defenders yet it was still a very backs-to-the-wall victory. Livingston were much the better footballing team throughout the first half, and most of the match to be fair. They had several chances (very good ones) in both halves where I thought they'd score and was very relieved to see they had missed. The first real example of this was when White skied a great chance in the first half. After a while it became clear that to take anything from the game, we'd need to score first. Even when we did, with a very neatly worked goal, it still had the feel about the game where we'd be lucky to escape with a draw never mind a win. Thankfully we put in a right good battling performance and gained a much needed three points. Makes such a miserable afternoon in torrid conditions worth it in the end I suppose.

Gallagher had a good solid game for Livi today but also seemed not too bothered with his sending off at the end, I don't even know what he did. Someone said it was dissent and someone else told me the linesman had seen him kick someone off the ball.

The ball went out of play behind the 'gazebo' towards the end of the match and it was taking a while to get it back so a new ball was kicked on. The number 3 for Livi, not sure of his name, picked it up just as his player got the first ball back. Sooooo, instead of kicking it back to the dugouts he punted it from the halfway line down the pitch to behind the bottom goals and out onto the railway line. Most needless and comical yellow card I've seen in a while :lol:

Not even surprised by that result, can probably also guess that we spent most of the game punting the ball up to Jordan White.

They did, but to be fair it wasn't always plan A. Livi played some pretty neat stuff today and made several chances on the deck. They'll play worse than they did today and win games. It was really just 'one of those days' for Livi today really.

Not even surprised by that result, can probably also guess that we spent most of the game punting the ball up to Jordan White.

Yep, you did. Livi have good players and should be better than that.

Gallagher had a good solid game for Livi today but also seemed not too bothered with his sending off at the end, I don't even know what he did. Someone said it was dissent and someone else told me the linesman had seen him kick someone off the ball.

He was sent off for foul and abusive language in the assistant referee's face. Bizarre as he was reacting to a clear foul he'd committed on Buchanan being given.

I thought we were excellent second half and outfought Livi after being very much second best to them in the first half. Once again Buchanan was a standout, non-stop working, clever movement and nicking a very good goal from Cawley's neat little pass.

Gordon, Marr and Meggatt were completely solid at the back. It's good to see Jason back as he complements Ben so well. I thought Tiff's inclusion also paid off as he gave us more energy and directness. Weatherston was neat but quiet.

A really good three points.

Just about killed myself standing through such a cold afternoon, but it was worth it. Entertaining game. Livingston passed the ball about nicely in the first half and were clearly the better team, putting our defence under a fair bit of pressure at times. A much better performance than the Stranraer game. However, they could barely get a shot on target; a better team on a good day could have filled their boots before half-time, as we were pretty flat and made quite a few mistakes, which could be put down to the dreadful weather. Seemed like one of those games where the dominant team will inevitably force one in, and the rest of the game will play out as a dull 0-1 defeat.

Different story after half-time. We came out playing with more conviction, and Livi didn't seem to be expecting it. Wee Liam got the one clear chance of the game early on, and it was a massive relief when he passed it in. Like Livingston in the first half, we didn't manage to convert our other chances, but looked dangerous until the very end, when Livi were trying to push for an equaliser in the last ten minutes. Incredible how many times Livingston managed to clear off the line throughout the half.

At the time, I assumed Gallagher had been the tube that was booked for booting the ball out at the railway end, which was why he was sent off for yelling abuse in the linesman's face. As it seems to have been a straight red, he must have said some particularly nasty shit, or the linesman was just getting sick of being sworn at by Livi's players (and our fans). Livi seem to have a few sore losers dotted around the team. I'm sure the Livingston fans will say that our players were diving, but there were an awful lot of bodies hitting the floor in our half towards the end; was it due to foul play, or just the weather?

Hard to argue with Liam Buchanan being the man of the match, all things considered, but I thought Tiffoney was outstanding today. Got round the back of Livi's defence like they were the stars of his new video, "Backdoor Sluts of the SPFL" :ph34r:

I would take Adams now... If we do punt McGlynn or he resigns, we should clear out backroom staff too. Some of those numpty coaches have been with the likes of Ritchie Burke. Still don't get why we punted Gareth Evans...

If Neil Hastings dared to get the job, I'd fuckin sob...

Jason Talbot was the nugget who booted the ball over the railway end

Lucky I didn't say anything nasty when he was taking corners in front of me. I might've ended up sailing over the Clackmannan Road :shutup

Archived