Fifers v Rovers

After mixed fates for these sides yesterday in the Cup we bring our focus back to the bread and butter, and I'm thinking back to the pre-season predictions.

In July East Fife were many people's pick to win this league but their start to the season has been a major disappointment. They've lost half their league fixtures so far and have kept no home clean sheets, but they do have quality in their squad, they're still the only team in the league to have taken anything from Arbroath and despite the breeze at Cliftonhill in the first quarter I'm still worried by them.

We're finding form and flying high but a balls-up still never seems far away, although one look at EF's "heads gone" second half yesterday suggests that they're the more likely to fail to show up. Will the departed Beaton, Walker and McAleer all miss this game through suspension?

Always a warm welcome in Methil. Difficult to call. Agree with Albino that we are still prone to press the self destruct button and for that reason alone i don't think we are champion material. Much improved on last season though and can see us getting a win in this one as long as Gemmell and Chaplain are fit.

It looks as though McAleer will be missing, I think Walker and Beaton received 2 yellow cards so will be ok to play.

Apathy has well and truly set in the East Fife support and I can feel it on the other side of the world. It already looks like Arbroath, Albion and Queens Park have 1-3 filled so it's anyone from Annan, Clyde, Berwick and ourselves for 4th place. Pretty grim stuff after the high pre-season expectations.

Fully expect another defeat to high flying Albion. 0-3.

It looks as though McAleer will be missing, I think Walker and Beaton received 2 yellow cards so will be ok to play.

Apathy has well and truly set in the East Fife support and I can feel it on the other side of the world. It already looks like Arbroath, Albion and Queens Park have 1-3 filled so it's anyone from Annan, Clyde, Berwick and ourselves for 4th place. Pretty grim stuff after the high pre-season expectations.

Fully expect another defeat to high flying Albion. 0-3.

I'm sure that two yellows = a one game suspension. My only insecurity was that with the multiple choice points complex around yellow cards, one or both of those suspensions might not be immediate.

I'd also contend that the top three are set in stone, as you're implying- there's a very long way to go. Only two points off a play-off spot, and with your squad, East Fife would still be one of my picks for the top 4.

Not really expecting us to get anything from this game tomorrow. Our defending isn't fit for Sunday league pub football. I am sure Albion Rovers will be very confident as apart from one bad result against East Stirling they have been very consistent. We just do not have a settled side or formation and fling in cheap goals every game, its easy to see where its all going wrong. If the players are hurting half as much as me at 445 every Saturday then I would expect to see some grit and determination to halt this terrible run we are on. Only thing I would expect tomorrow is more team changes and a different formation . Gary Naysmith has to get more out of this group of players as they more often than not lose their individual battle.

0-0 FT. It's a long season, and there are plenty of points to play for, but regardless of how that game went it feels like two points dropped, in relation to our failure to capitalise fully on Arbroath's slip-up.

Is the surprise Rovers sub Ross Davidson the ex-Killie youth, and was anyone from the club planning on telling us he'd signed?!

Lastly, an interesting pro-Chappy fact: Rovers have scored more goals in the 5 (now 6) games when Scott Chaplain has been involved than in the previous 10 without him.

Automatic 0-3 IMO.

There certainly should be some sanction. It was absolute 'amateur hour' with the woman that does the tannoy for East Fife remonstrating with the referee (to utterly no avail, as you'd expect) and then storming over to the away fans to tell us that the rejected sub was on her "fucking team sheet". I really can't wait to see the YouTube videos of that exchange :-)

Oh and the game was utterly dull and played in torrential rain. The steak pie and £2.95 pints of Tennents were magic though!

I think we showed Albion Rovers a bit too much respect and our set up and formation was more one of not losing rather than going for a win. I suppose with recent results and Albions impressive recent form ,a draw not a bad result. I thought we edged the first half and Albion Rovers edged 2nd half so a draw probably about right. I cant fault the players effort for the cause and once we get a bit of confidence back and get a settled team on the pitch a top 4 spot not out the question. A long way to go yet only one third of season gone. I would say Queens Park have been the best team I have seen. It is a good competitive league and their isn't much between most teams.

Away win would have been the right result. East fife officials are comical. The woman announcer who came up with to demonstrate with us away fans was nothing short of an embarrassment to your club. Horrible conditions to play football which both teams battled well and tried to play some sort of football. I expect some sort of appeal from us with regards to the "substitution" from East Fife.

I wasn't there so didn't see the incident, but I hope the Rovers don't make any kind of "protest." That stuff belongs in the Amateurs and Juniors - we clearly weren't disadvantaged by Fife's incompetence, and sporting integrity - remember that? - wasn't compromised. Seen from 1000 miles away, not a bad day for the Rovers - Arbroath shown to be fallible and a point from a tricky venue. My only worry is that Liam Cusack, Jamie Pollock and others must be kicking their heels at the lack of action.

I wasn't there so didn't see the incident, but I hope the Rovers don't make any kind of "protest." That stuff belongs in the Amateurs and Juniors - we clearly weren't disadvantaged by Fife's incompetence, and sporting integrity - remember that? - wasn't compromised. Seen from 1000 miles away, not a bad day for the Rovers - Arbroath shown to be fallible and a point from a tricky venue. My only worry is that Liam Cusack, Jamie Pollock and others must be kicking their heels at the lack of action.

Why do you not want us to protest against what happened today?

I was shouting out for Cusack to be introduced during today's game. Phillips again looked to be elsewhere so a change in our midfield would be good to see.

Why do you not want us to protest against what happened today?

I was shouting out for Cusack to be introduced during today's game. Phillips again looked to be elsewhere so a change in our midfield would be good to see.

Ach, Paul. - I just think it's a bit girny and unbecoming. If the SFA or SPFL want to punish Fife then so be it. But to protest is to claim that we've been hurt in some way, and we're better than that.

Ach, Paul. - I just think it's a bit girny and unbecoming. If the SFA or SPFL want to punish Fife then so be it. But to protest is to claim that we've been hurt in some way, and we're better than that.

Ye know, I never thought of it like that and I agree with you. They f**ked up and it's now up to the league officials to deal with them how they see fit.

Away win would have been the right result. East fife officials are comical. The woman announcer who came up with to demonstrate with us away fans was nothing short of an embarrassment to your club. Horrible conditions to play football which both teams battled well and tried to play some sort of football. I expect some sort of appeal from us with regards to the "substitution" from East Fife.

Paul - how can you possibly think an away win would be the right result, your team didn't have a shot on target, even the most biased supporter has to see a draw was fair on both sides !!

Away win would have been the right result. East fife officials are comical. The woman announcer who came up with to demonstrate with us away fans was nothing short of an embarrassment to your club. Horrible conditions to play football which both teams battled well and tried to play some sort of football. I expect some sort of appeal from us with regards to the "substitution" from East Fife.According to bbc Albion Rovers never had a shot on goal you don't usually deserve to win games with that kind of stat, however the one that hit the woodwork would surely count. I believe if the ref had let the game continue when Fash came on then we would be in the dock. Human error these things happen.

Paul - how can you possibly think an away win would be the right result, your team didn't have a shot on target, even the most biased supporter has to see a draw was fair on both sides !!

I thought we were the better team and were the team trying most to get the win. Hitting the post from wee squibs header was very unlucky.

Archived