Fossil fuels should be 'phased out by 2100' says IPCC

Elixir

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps if you would like to list all your counter-arguments. I am in need of a proper laugh rather than the little chuckle that Reynard provided with his "graph"

I did provide a link a while back that contained a list of counter arguments but that's my task to you. Go and find it yourself. If you didn't have such a pole up yourself about climate change, you'd have laughed heartily at the fox's graph which i refer you to for all future arguments

giphy.gif

Gas and coal are providing the UK with 75% of of our electricity right now. Nuclear (our own) just over 12% (because of maintenance) and we are buying in about 5% off France right now.

Wind is dishing up a staggering 3% Hydro a colossal 1% and we are burning wood somewhere as well which is dishing up about 2.5%. The remainder, we are taking off the Dutch.

You are totally out of your depth here.

Here's a wee hint. If you want to know how these experiments are done, what equipment they use etc. YOU NEED TO READ THE SCIENTIFIC PAPER THE POSTER ABOVE PROVIDED FOR YOU.

Everything you need is detailed in the paper he describes and references therein.

Don't expect an easy ride. Reviewing scientific literature is not easy.

That's why those of us who practise scientific research are telling you that you ill equipped to make judgments.

When you ask stupid questions like "Aye but whit equipment do they use", you betray your ignorance.

:o Well if it's from a scientific.....professor is it? I'm going to be really humble.

In fact nah f**k that. i think if somebody claims to be right I have every right to question the support for their argument.

Also you supported Independence and the economic arguments in the White Paper didn't you?

Lot of reliance on oil eh? So I'm confused about that....do you support mass production of oil?

It's always funny when Reynard is backed up by the forum clowns - in this case, Clarkston5. You'd think that would tell you something.

Nobody's "backing" any one. It's just that there isn't a plethora of back slapping liberals bullying people so therefore that's misconstrued as posters holding some sort of an alliance. Also posters who claim some sort of intellectual superiority over the rest of us which annoys most people

Is being afraid to hold a contrary opinion is a sign of inadequacy?

.Also posters who claim some sort of intellectual superiority over the rest of us which annoys most people

You are burbling about a science you refuse to learn. You, Reynard, H_B and the others are too lazy to learn enough to have an opinion worth listening too, but vain enough to think your brainfarts worth sharing.

You are burbling about a science you refuse to learn. You, Reynard, H_B and the others are too lazy to learn enough to have an opinion worth listening too, but vain enough to think your brainfarts worth sharing.

Can't speak for the fox and HB but I thank for your insight and reading a load of text books written by people who believe in "looking after the planet" are what you feel I should do. I disagree however. I'm not vain and I'm not arrogant. I'm just not prepared to pay for a crock of sh*t which provides nothing

:lol: Dorlomin seems upset.

Pie and Bovril conspiracy discussions by the numbers.

Some random "climate change is a hoax"\"911 was an inside job"\"the moon landings never happened"\"evolution not very convincing".

person with evidence "here is loads of science and facts to show you are wrong"

random "you are just arrogant and I am entitled to my opinions!1!!!1"

person with evidence "you are a bit thick aren't you"

random "You seem upset" <usually with jpeg of Ainsley>

Also applies to helicopters falling on pubs as I recall.

Archived