Fossil fuels should be 'phased out by 2100' says IPCC

Elixir

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really care whether you doubt it or not.

What do we do when the nuclear raw materials run out and then the gas runs out and the coal and the oil etc?

What do we do? It's a very simple question. It doesn't need personal abuse to be able to answer it.

Answer it then, what has extracting North sea oil got to do with powering the grid ?

I was responding to another poster who was talking about what we would do when fossil fuels run out and I questioned why he would vote for the SNP with their absolute faith in Oil as a wealth creator for the country. As for your question, it'd be expensive but it could be done and would certainly generate more power than wind turbines which are inefficient and also expensive.

Do you vote for the SNP then? I assume you vote Green. If not you're a f**king hypocrite. HTH

He claimed that power couldn't be generated from oil. Then he claimed that it could and then he told me that I was 'thick'. :lol:

You surprised by his IQ too? He's on a par with you.

Yes voters don't surprise me after reading The White Paper

He did none of those things you astonishing cretin. He pointed out that oil isn't used for power generation in Scotland therefore your point was as wrong and dimwitted as all your other ones.

Really, you're just proving the theory that no voters only voted no because they haven't got the brain power to tie a shoelace.

He did none of those things you astonishing cretin. He pointed out that oil isn't used for power generation in Scotland therefore your point was as wrong and dimwitted as all your other ones.

Really, you're just proving the theory that no voters only voted no because they haven't got the brain power to tie a shoelace.

Wrong

oaksoft, on 22 Nov 2014 - 10:26, said:snapback.png

What do we do when the nuclear raw materials run out and then the gas runs out and the coal and the oil etc?

What do we do? It's a very simple question. It doesn't need personal abuse to be able to answer it.

Wrong

oaksoft, on 22 Nov 2014 - 10:26, said:snapback.png

Jesus that's not even the post you were replying to and it doesn't back up your claim in any way whatsoever. The thing about deceit is you have to be reasonably intelligent to be successful, you just don't have the cells, chum.

that's not even the post you were replying to and it doesn't back up your claim in any way whatsoever. The thing about deceit is you have to be reasonably intelligent to be successful, you just don't have the cells, chum.

Yes it was. There's no deceit apart from the line the SNP have spun your chum who you've become spokesperson for. As for cells, yours don't seem to be operating correctly

Yes it was. There's no deceit apart from the line the SNP have spun your chum who you've become spokesperson for. As for cells, yours don't seem to be operating correctly

You should probably read back a bit and gather your thoughts, son. I haven't commented on that post nor does it back your claim that he claimed that oil can't be used for power generation. Furthermore it seems to have escaped your notice that the oil will run out whether the SNP are in power or not.

I await your reply full of further quotes taken out of context and non sequiturs.

You should probably read back a bit and gather your thoughts, son. I haven't commented on that post nor does it back your claim that he claimed that oil can't be used for power generation. Furthermore it seems to have escaped your notice that the oil will run out whether the SNP are in power or not.

I await your reply full of further quotes taken out of context and non sequiturs.

That's a change of tune for SNP voters like yourself. I think you'll find that I asked the poster who he would vote for. At that point which was where I responded to his post is where you should be focused.

I don't talk for other posters you see old chap :D

That's a change of tune for SNP voters like yourself. I think you'll find that I asked the poster who he would vote for. At that point which was where I responded to his post is where you should be focused.

I don't talk for other posters you see old chap :D

Bang on the money, i should've put money on it. Witless twat.

Oh look the forum clown has pasted a couple of links,that should surely make it true and believable. :1eye

Oh look the forum clown has pasted a couple of links,that should surely make it true and believable. :1eye

Oh look the forum saviour, what about sexism and homophobia which you have clearly showing on this very forum? Or are you one of these left wing apologist?

tumblr_lhzn7g4p9n1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

Renewables accounted for 15% of the UK's electricity supply last year and will account for 30% by 2020. It doesn't work though, lets just spend insane amounts building nuclear power plants ;)

What percentage of that are windfarms? If it's rather high then it'll be interesting to see where on earth they'll stick almost the same amount again.

Quite like this bit though:

"Wind turbines in Scotland alone generated enough electricity to supply three millions homes in the UK - equivalent to 126% of the electricity needs of every home north of the border."

If the anti-wind group claim that it's too unreliable though, what's to stop the likes of Cruachan firing up quickly if there's the need for more power if the wind stopped blowing for #X days?

What percentage of that are windfarms? If it's rather high then it'll be interesting to see where on earth they'll stick almost the same amount again.

Quite like this bit though:

If the anti-wind group claim that it's too unreliable though, what's to stop the likes of Cruachan firing up quickly if there's the need for more power if the wind stopped blowing for #X days?

I'm sure I heard on the radio that 2/3 of the 15% figure was wind, so around 10%.

Nothing. Hydro compliments intermittent power sources like wind perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived