Fossil fuels should be 'phased out by 2100' says IPCC

Elixir

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in Norwegians. I don't pay their fucking bills.

Yep. You just want to pay your taxes spending over a trillion renewing our nuclear power plants.

"We’re fans of pumped hydro because it enables energy storage at an enormous scale at a relatively low cost based on a simple, technologically available concept: gravity."

So we have a relatively cheap way of storing electricity which also counteracts the intermittence of renewables. What's the problem ?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. You just want to pay your taxes spending over a trillion renewing our nuclear power plants.

"We’re fans of pumped hydro because it enables energy storage at an enormous scale at a relatively low cost based on a simple, technologically available concept: gravity."

So we have a relatively cheap way of storing electricity which also counteracts the intermittence of renewables. What's the problem ?

Its passed to bill payers just like the shrapnel called windfarms. The difference being that nuclear actually delivers abundant energy. It also produces it entirely carbon free. That should have even the greenest of morons slabbering.

Its passed to bill payers just like the shrapnel called windfarms. The difference being that nuclear actually delivers abundant energy. It also produces it entirely carbon free. That should have even the greenest of morons slabbering.

And so does renewables at a far less risk to the public purse or the environment. How much renewable capacity and storage would the cost of cleaning up Sellafield buy us ?

And when the raw materials run out, which they will, we can use the hot air coming from your mouth to power everything this side of Berlin.

Here's a good chance you you to save the renewables industry.

Maybe you can get a crowdfunding project together for the pie and bovril eco loonies to put their money where their mouths are? After all, you idiots are absolutely certain that this is the way forward, so dig deep and save this company...

http://news.stv.tv/east-central/300539-pelamis-wave-energy-company-in-edinburgh-goes-into-administration/

<_<

At last! You are describing the real problem.

Money is needed to mature this 100% renewable industry and yet we'd rather piss it away on Trident.

This is a problem with Westminster finances and a Tory government who are obsessed with UKIP right now.

Are you actually finally starting to understand that the issue is not one of supply? Are my eyes deceiving me?

So....how about that nuclear material I asked you about? What do we do when that runs out?

Are you SURE you're a scientist?

I have my doubts...

I don't really care whether you doubt it or not.

What do we do when the nuclear raw materials run out and then the gas runs out and the coal and the oil etc?

What do we do? It's a very simple question. It doesn't need personal abuse to be able to answer it.

So I take it you're not going to vote for the SNP?

So i take it you have a point? SNP policy is for a balance of renewables and fossil fuel, aiming for 100% renewables eventually. Now, what moronic, dimwitted point do you think you're making?

Really? So why was so much emphasis in the White Paper placed on the over inflated value of a fossil fuel.

You will make up any kind of excuses to find favour with any entity who says they're pro independence.

Really? So why was so much emphasis in the White Paper placed on the over inflated value of a fossil fuel.

You will make up any kind of excuses to find favour with any entity who says they're pro independence.

What has oil extraction got to do with power generation you complete and utter simpleton ?

Coal is the cheapest source of power which you also don't grasp. Responding with emoticons when you're wrong is the mark of a moron.

You seriously don't know that oil can be used to produce electricity??

Of course it can. Does Scotland use oil to produce electricity ? Yes or no ?

Does the SNPs policy of extracting oil have anything to do with their policy of producing electricity entirely from renewables ?

Did you intentionally miss the last poster's point or are you thick as pig shit ?

If you don't answer these questions you can get to f**k.

Archived