St Mirren vs Partick Thistle Saturday 8 November

Big game for both teams coming up. Another late goal lost but an overall spirited showing by Thistle. Same can't be said of the Paisley Saints as they got a shoeing at Tannadice.

Various plus points from Thistle's game today. Trebling our away goal tally with contributions from Craigen, Elliott and McMillan. Welsh, Higgy and Fraser should be available for selection too.

Saints will no doubt be missing the talusmanic Thommo-hawk again. Our strikers could learn a bit from him as according to his piece in the Scotsman a striker's link play contributes to his effectiveness greatly. Doolan put in a shift but with little to show for it. After being removed to jeers from some of the away support we went onto to take the lead with the much maligned Craigen and Elliott contributing great goals. Lawless and Higgy linking up along with them in a decent attacking performance. Usual calls for Fox to be dropped. His distribution is slow and he has lost a few near post goals but I don't think Gallacher would have done much better today. Balatoni was okay so there could be an argument for Frans replacing him too.

Pleased with the spirit shown by Thistle today and could be considered unlucky not to grab all 3 points given the timing of the equalser. Two down at one point so even a point increased our lead over the Saints to four points again. Hopefully that will ease the pressure we seem to struggle with and create a gap over Saints. Obviously St Mirren and Tommy Craig will be doing their darnest to keep the points in Paisley so this should be another entertaining affair.

Prediction St Mirren 1 Partick Thistle 3

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we ever win a game where jagfox creates the thread?

We're fucked now.

However since Elliott, Craigen and Balatoni are shite and Bannigan should be suspended for his sheer stupidity I'd go

Fox

O'Donnell Frans Seaborne McMillan

Welsh Osman Fraser

Lawless-----------------------Higginbotham

Doolan

Do we ever win a game where jagfox creates the thread?

We're fucked now.

However since Elliott, Craigen and Balatoni are shite and Bannigan should be suspended for his sheer stupidity I'd go

Fox

O'Donnell Frans Seaborne McMillan

Welsh Osman Fraser

Lawless-----------------------Higginbotham

Doolan

I think whoever starts the thread is immaterial. But I will take full responsibility for our result in Paisley if it makes you feel better m8?

I thought Craigen and Elliott did well today. I'd rather see Christie start than Doolan for this game, going on recent form.

I think whoever starts the thread is immaterial. But I will take full responsibility for our result in Paisley if it makes you feel better m8? I thought Craigen and Elliott did well today. I'd rather see Christie start than Doolan for this game, going on recent form.

I'm blaming you if we lose mate, I'm yet to see a thread in recent months that you've started where we've won. Craigen scored today but he was still hopeless, Elliott wasn't great either and scored. If you paid any Thistle fan what you paid them they could run around and put in as much effort, there's zero ability from both of them most of the time.

I have started one match thread and we've won it. 8)

We could beat Barca one week then the next play utter shite against St Mirren. We played them twice in a row this season and played equally baws in both. Hopefully see the return of Higgy, O'Donnell and maybe even Welsh and Fraser, would like to see Ecclestone play if he's recovered as well. Either a 3-1 win for Thistle or a shitfest draw.

I'm blaming you if we lose mate, I'm yet to see a thread in recent months that you've started where we've won. Craigen scored today but he was still hopeless, Elliott wasn't great either and scored. If you paid any Thistle fan what you paid them they could run around and put in as much effort, there's zero ability from both of them most of the time.

I have started one match thread and we've won it. 8)

:lol: Can't argue with those stats.

I'm no fanboy of Craigen but I thought he put in a very good performance today. Christie was okay in the role out wide but he did well late on through the middle and took his goal really well. I guess it gives Archibald and his coaching staff food for thought at least?

Goodness me, these Thistle lads don't hang about. It's not even Sunday!

We hadn't won a game last time we met in the league, you helped us out with that. This time, we haven't won a home game in the league. Gonna help us out with that too?

Luvvies :wub:

Is Ball absolute donkey or is he just not getting the correct service? On little evidence I've seen he seems to fall into the overweight guff category.

Fraser being back in the starting line up would be sexy.

Is Ball absolute donkey or is he just not getting the correct service? On little evidence I've seen he seems to fall into the overweight guff category.

Fraser being back in the starting line up would be sexy.

I'd say he's a penalty box striker. He needs the ball on a plate for him. I don't think he has had much support all season but when he does get in the positions to score he has made a mess of the chances. Might be down to the fact he doesn't get many chances and his confidence suffers because of that. When I have seen him play in the flesh I haven't been impressed tbh but in the 4 times Iv seen is this season the whole team have been rank.

His fitness didn't help. He has shed a lot of the excess weight now and is getting a run in the team. I'd of tried Caldwell up top but can see why TC is persevering with him.

Archived