Aberdeen v Celtic 9th November

Meetings between the two have been a bit spicy lately, hopefuly the Tonev/Logan story will be left out of this thread and the match in general

Aberdeen havent played to the standard they were at last season but have slowly put a few results together of late, aside from the tonking at Hamilton without impressing too much

We usually fare better in this fixture when the dandies are in a bit of form and fancy their chances

3-1 to the bhoys in green :)

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not yet.... Been to Aberdeen once........ Once....

Its a helluva a trip from the Glasgow area but Deila deserves credit for apparently getting his team achieving consistently good results in recent weeks, both in Europe and the domestic arena. This must be one of the youngest Celtic squads in many a year, but he is finally getting his best eleven players on the park in terms of how he wants to set his team out. Consistency of performance is hard to achieve with a young squad but he seems to be focussing his players on the job at hand.

I fancy Celtic to pick up all three points but McInnes and his team will have other ideas. A midweek trip to Bucharest will take its toll but barring injuries I see Celtic winning by a goal or two.

Heading up for this one. Nothing's ever guaranteed when you play Celtic but I'm confident that with the right team selection from Del we can make a game of it.

Key areas where the game will be won/lost:

Anderson coming back. We need him back to keep Guidetti quiet.

The midfield setup correctly. Jack and either Flood or Robson. Not all three. Then two of McGinn Pawlett and Hayes with Low coming in would work I think.

Rooney not Goodie. Rooney works harder for the team and is a lot more suited for the one-up-top role. As much as Goodie looks the better player in a duo, he lacks the selflessness required to bring others into play.

And if we get a good crowd in creating a good atmosphere then that can't harm our chances! Are Celtic only getting the small allocation for this tie?

2000 instead the usual 4000, something to do with an increase in Aberdeen season tickets, my mate who is one of the in charge type people of the affiliation of CSC's and handles away tickets says Aberdeen told him it will be back up to 4000 for our next trip up there which, seeing as that will likely be after the split he either

A - Is anticipating one of us finishing in the bottom half or

B - Hasnt a scooby what hes talking about or more likely

C - Will probably allocate us 4000 on the next trip if league race is over and there arent as many individual match ticket sales

Meetings between the two have been a bit spicy lately, hopefuly the Tonev/Logan story will be left out of this thread and the match in general

Aberdeen havent played to the standard they were at last season but have slowly put a few results together of late, aside from the tonking at Hamilton without impressing too much

We usually fare better in this fixture when the dandies are in a bit of form and fancy their chances

3-1 to the bhoys in green :)

We are the form team of the last 6 games winning 4 - no doubt I've mentioned this and we will get beat tonight ha ha. Also we are 1 point off last season points from the same amount of games.

We have been a bit inconsistent but some of the football I've watched has been the best in many a year. The TV games we have been on we have been shocking though including the last time we played Celtic when it took 60 minutes of dreadful performance to wake up and have a go at them.

Archived