Aberdeen v Celtic 9th November

Everyone has the right to protest. It's how you protest that sets you out from others.

How some of your club's fans have chosen to protest is quite frankly fuckin disgusting.

I agree, I personally think it's a disgusting thing to do. That isn't the argument i'm making though.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're going to a local football match to pay your respects to the war fallen, you're doing it wrong.

Find your nearest war memorial and do it there, rather than get offended by a few disrespectful Celtic fans.

HTH

Coming from a fan of a club that would hold a minute's silence and candlelit vigil for a fly being swatted.

If you're going to a local football match to pay your respects to the war fallen, you're doing it wrong.

Find your nearest war memorial and do it there, rather than get offended by a few disrespectful Celtic fans.

HTH

Quite correct, we should all kick f**k out of flowers left at the side of the road when someones died aswell.

Do your remembering at the funeral you inconsiderate fucks!

HTH

I can only presume you are another person who simply doesn't understand the situation.

It is rather pathetic that you have somehow twisted it to the fault of everyone except those who were showing disrespect.

I'm annoyed that people couldn't keep quiet and show a bit of respect for 1 fucking minute, but don't see why anyone should have to explain why there aren't poppies on the Celtic shirts.

Has promoting one particular charity above all others become 'opt-out' rather than 'opt-in' these days?

We donated £10k to Poppy Scotland instead, as we do every year

These aren't mutually exclusive.

For the record, I have no problem with Celtic not having poppies on their strips - it's the individual choice of the clubs and I can understand why they might not feel it's appropriate.

It does seem a little churlish for Celtic not to have poppies. After all it's a Scottish Catholic club and many many Scots and Catholics have lost their lives and would be considered one of the remembered. To me they seem to care more about Irish nationalism than their Scottish identity and that doesn't seem right.

However I certainly respect their right not to have poppies on the shirts, it's not like not having them somehow devalues those clubs who do have them. This is the complete opposite of the silence when actively not respecting and in fact disrupting the silence does devalue the actions of those who are.

Best keeping politics out of football imo.
Quite right. Pity your fellow fans who sing IRA songs don't agree.
I'm annoyed that people couldn't keep quiet and show a bit of respect for 1 fucking minute, but don't see why anyone should have to explain why there aren't poppies on the Celtic shirts. Has promoting one particular charity above all others become 'opt-out' rather than 'opt-in' these days?
You don't have to explain, I was just curious.

Archived