Aberdeen v Celtic 9th November

Nice deflection. Please keep talking about a hypothetical situation that has nothing in common.

You haven't told me, what else should the club ban people from doing Adolf?

Geezer, you've now compared me to Hitler twice. You don't get to be pissy about things that have nothing in common.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly, it's your right to not wear a poppy. It's your right to protest the minute's silence by staying outside the stadium until it's over. It's not someone's right, in my opinion, to ruin a moment where people wish to respect the fallen.

I think you will find a lot of people are of the opinion that the whole upsurge in poppy day & all the palarva around it is for political purposes.

I agree 100% the guys that shouted out through it were wrong though but as Enrico and others have pointed out its peoples CHOICE to participate in it, if you dont want to then take your seat in the ground after it

There are very few conflicts the Britain has been involved in that I agree with. I disagree with mawkish sentimentality, or triumphal martyrdom. However, there is a huge difference between agreeing or disagreeing with the political decisions made and the soldiers who died undertaking them.

This is, of course, a world apart from simply keeping quiet for 60 seconds. I agree with you that if you don't want to show deference, then fair enough you don't need to. However there is absolutely no need to show disrespect to those who are observing the silence. Something I think we are both in agreement with.

Certainly, it's your right to not wear a poppy. It's your right to protest the minute's silence by staying outside the stadium until it's over. It's not someone's right, in my opinion, to ruin a moment where people wish to respect the fallen.

This is correct.

There are very few conflicts the Britain has been involved in that I agree with. I disagree with mawkish sentimentality, or triumphal martyrdom. However, there is a huge difference between agreeing or disagreeing with the political decisions made and the soldiers who died undertaking them.

This is, of course, a world apart from simply keeping quiet for 60 seconds. I agree with you that if you don't want to show deference, then fair enough you don't need to. However there is absolutely no need to show disrespect to those who are observing the silence. Something I think we are both in agreement with.

I agree with this.

What they done was distasteful.

This

Expect a barrage of abuse from the rushing to be offended mob on here though, the same ones who no doubt echoed your sentiments when a minutes silence was held for the pope at hampden in 2005 & the Hearts sang a lustful version of the billy boys throughout it

Don't think we sung the billy boys. We did boo it, though. A lot.

jj.png

Is it really any surprise that Celtic fans act like disrespectful morons? Is it really any surprise that some Celtic fans come on here and defend their "right" to act like morons?

As I've said from the outset. I don't agree with it.

I'd be surprised though if people chosen a football match to remember those who have fallen and not this morning as the vast majority would.

People do have a right to protest though, that is my point.

Everyone has the right to protest. It's how you protest that sets you out from others.

How some of your club's fans have chosen to protest is quite frankly fuckin disgusting.

Archived