Arbroath vs Queens Park

Seen a thing on Arbroath mad saying Grant Adam is training with us. Would be more than happy with him, although complications with him having a junior contract or something?can anyone elaborate

Boy was at Dundee for a few month was he no? Hope DC recovers and signs for us next year, real shame he's gone so soon.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy was at Dundee for a few month was he no? Hope DC recovers and signs for us next year, real shame he's gone so soon.

He was, but left and signed for downfield (?) juniors I think. Alloa tried to sign him I believe but couldn't because he had a junior contract with downfield.

He was, but left and signed for downfield (?) juniors I think. Alloa tried to sign him I believe but couldn't because he had a junior contract with downfield.

Think his wee bro is at Downfield so probably played a few games after leaving Dundee. Hope we get him.

I believe Brian Kerr has various 'business interests' and also a young family and therefore decided to call it a day.

Regarding the game tomorrow - very surprised to see anyone say the previous meeting between the teams was anything other than a fairly even game, and we could easily have come out of that game with a draw, and no-one could have complained with the outcome.

Keeper wise - some rather harsh comments when it comes to Scotty Morrison - 'career backup' - short memories I'd say, he was superb for 6 months or so in the division above this one in the season we finished in 2nd place.... a few mistakes since doesn't suddenly mean he isn't up to the standard of the division below. All players go through good and bad stages/ periods of form in their careers, and while I'd accept the last year or two haven't been particuarly kind to Scotty, he hasn't had a run in the team at all this season, and he could easily come into the team and reproduce the form of a few seasons ago, or of course he could come into the team and falter, but I think he deserves the chance. I do think we need another keeper in ASAP for competition, but I'm certainly not opposed to Scotty Morrison being given 3/4 games to show what he can do. Saying that, I also wouldn't be opposed to us bringing in a keeper of the standard of Grant Adam or Marc McCallum and if this happened it would be understandable they would get a run in the team ahead of Scotty, but I'd still feel a bit for him not being given a chance to prove himself to a new manager.

Si you sure he was in that season we finished runners up in the 2nd? I thought it was Daz Hill?

I do agree he was superb for us at times through the following season when we finished 5th though.

Marc McCallum? That just made up or anything to that? Be very happy with him too.

Si you sure he was in that season we finished runners up in the 2nd? I thought it was Daz Hill?

I do agree he was superb for us at times through the following season when we finished 5th though.

Marc McCallum? That just made up or anything to that? Be very happy with him too.

I just remember he had a very good 6 month period in the divison above us in recent times - can't remember which year :lol: Safe to say I am not referring to last season....!

Also, I wouldn't have mentioned McCallum's name if there wasn't something too it ;) Although obviously I've no idea if that will happen and I'm sure Alan Moore has also made enquiries elsewhere and he isn't the only target.

Regarding the game tomorrow - very surprised to see anyone say the previous meeting between the teams was anything other than a fairly even game, and we could easily have come out of that game with a draw, and no-one could have complained with the outcome.

That's how I remember it too. Aside of the lightning break at the end it was a pretty even match. Linn the outstanding player.

Any news from QP fans on Vinniesta?

Archived