Arbroath vs Queens Park

We will have to now. Lucas Birnstigl anyone seeing as he's an AFC legend...

Seriously though afaik we only have Morrison as the other senior GK. I imagine we will have to use one of our loans to get somebody in. Hope Moore has somebody in mind.

Pish news.

ETA: Hope Crawford recovers well and sure we will see him in the team next season.

Said in the post on Facebook that they were looking for a new keeper, whether that's a new first choice or back up I don't know

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful, awful news :( no offence to Scotty Morrison but I really hope we get another keeper in

Really sad news about DC. If Scotty Mo could somehow regain the form he showed when he first came back we would probably be Ok otherwise we need to find another keeper asap.

Morrison was left hopelessly exposed last season. Yes he had is cock ups but last season he was playing in goal WITHOUT a defence infront of him. The boys confidence was shot to pieces.

Seeing as David Crawford is out, its about time every Arbroath fan got behind Scotty and gave him a chance to redeem himself. Not slating him before he has had a chance.

We need a keeper to challenge Morrison for a first team spot.

He's no different to the rest of the players, if he performs well the jersey is his.

He'll get his chance between the sticks next couple of games.

Just have to wait and see how he gets on.

Another keeper will come in as a first choice or to challenge for the position.

Hope the run keeps going though.

Arbroath roasted us earlier in the season and have been the best side we've played by a country mile. We are a much better side now but, as has been said, aren't creating a great deal up front.

Do you think? I don't think they were all that much better than us in the game and got a very fortunate break with the opener. The league table doesn't lie, though. They're obviously doing something right.

You're right wasn't alot between the teams thoughout the game last time out. We got the goal but were never really comfortable until getting the 2nd in Injury time. Caught on the break as I remember.

We have improved since then so looking forward to a good game.

Sorry to read about DC's horrible injury. Hope his recovery goes to plan. Big favourite with QP fans and probably so at every clubs he's played for. All the best big fella.

Yes we are gutted for him was having a great season but hopefully with Scott Morrison getting some game time can recapture his form from two seasons ago.

Well, maybe on Saturday there, but before that we'd been doing pretty well up front, especially the 5 games Duggan played in.

Unfortunately that's him crocked now. Hopefully Woods will be back as well for this Saturday

Aye, I was thinking about us without Duggan. The guy was terrific for us. Woods has stepped up since he's been moved into more of a striking role; it'll be interesting to see what the forward line-up is on Saturday.

Sorry to hear of DC's injury. Mad as a brush, but a superb keeper for us and a terrific character, still well-regarded at Hampden. If his replacement is dodgy, bring on the strong winds!

The problem with Morrison is he is always good for 1 howler a game. Iv seen him drop the ball into the net at Stranraer and at East Fife last season he let a timid effort go through his hands.......on both occasions we lost.

The problem with Morrison is he is always good for 1 howler a game. Iv seen him drop the ball into the net at Stranraer and at East Fife last season he let a timid effort go through his hands.......on both occasions we lost.

Excellent - my confidence level is definitely up a notch!

And that was last season. Where Morrison and the defence in front of him had zero confidence and howlers and mistakes were at a premium.

Time for everyone to move on and give the boy a chance to redeem himself.

And that was last season. Where Morrison and the defence in front of him had zero confidence and howlers and mistakes were at a premium.

I agree, gotta give the guy at least 2 or 3 games to prove himself, good keeper in there just needs the confidence.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about Stig, as supporters of the club it's important we get behind him and the rest of the players selected on Saturday. We need wholehearted support not niggling comments for this game. 3 points here could be a massive boost to the club and a clean sheet for Scotty Mo could go a long way to getting the points. C'MON LICHTIES .

We are a team brimming with confidence, the last thing we need is a "dodgy" keeper, nothing drains confidence quicker than a defence not trusting the keeper, sorry harsh I know but he may be a "good lad" but he is a career back-up, new 1st choice required

Morrison put in some incredible performances for us and I think behind Baxter, Malcolm, Keddie and Hamilton he was good. We defo need to get another good GK in to so there's a challenge for the Jersey but I have no problems with Morrison being in for the moment. Wonder who we will get in.

Good to have him back... ;)post-14721-14152152426596_thumb.jpg

Archived