Troon v Clydebank

RtB1998

I'd defend Deano all the way. He's a class act for us.

Joined us a good few years ago after a lot of serious injury problems and worked incredibly hard to build his fitness back up to play so many games for us. Has led by example in plenty of big games and dominated lots of highly rated players (including some pacy ones) consistently. If you're slagging him off you are miles off the mark.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deano works hard on the park and training ground hes technically gifted, reads the game fantastically well.can ping a ball.great to have in your team.to be sniping at a player that almost any junior club would take in an instant is poor form. The only bad thing about deano is he hates a goalkeeper.

I'd gladly take Deano at Vics no problem as we need a CB I feel.

I'm only talking about Deano and Johnny being a little short for me in the Premier League against real quality opposition at times. That's just my opinion I'm afraid.

And thats an opinion your entitled to. Would be a boring game if everybody had the same views.

I guess the jury will be out on big Baillie until he gets to full fitness, but anyone who has seen him in action over the years knows what a good player he is. Such a clever big guy, I'm sure he'll do fine.

As I said, not match fit yet but the signs are good so far. All the best to him and good to have him back.

I'd gladly take Deano at Vics no problem as we need a CB I feel.

I'm only talking about Deano and Johnny being a little short for me in the Premier League against real quality opposition at times. That's just my opinion I'm afraid.

As I said to you in a previous post I saw Deano against the Cup winners Hurlford at the end of last season and he kept their highly rated attack very quiet so he can hold his own

From a Clydebank point of view I actually thought Dean strolled through the game yesterday, whether or not its the auld heid reading the game well, or our guys not really troubling you too much, I am not sure. Got to say you hit a decent dead ball too. Feared the worst when we gave the free kick away dead centre in injury time, but we defended it well.

Thanks for all the comments, positive and negative.....

Agree with the vast majority about Deano - happy to watch players like him any day but have wondered about the point Barcz referred to about him 'hating' goalkeepers! Have seen him abusing goalies a couple of times for no apparent reason. Was he bullied at school by goalie or what ?

Haha.... big Barcz will tell ya, they are all only GK cos they are rubbish at football, ask JC too.

:P:P :P

Good to see the Bankies fans laying off their manager for a change....going by comments on their forum ,it time to sack their coaches and get some more experienced ones in.

Im not anti Clydebank and looking over their league results ,nearly all of the games have been tight affairs, in what is a tight and difficult league this year.

Several teams in the league who have better squads than Clydebank have took some skelpings this season. if you don't have the luxury of bringing in good seniors and tempting in good top league juniors each season, then it will always be hard to compete at this level .Bankies have done excellent since their comeback and have certainly punched above their weight . Being spoiled rotten with success in such short space of time( promotions/cup wins) has left the fans with a level of expectation that is hard to achieve ,even at the bigger junior clubs, with Talbot maybe being the exception.

So lightenen up !!! if you sack or hound out your manager ,am sure several other teams will jump at the chance to get him.

Sorry i don't mean to go off topic but i would bar anyone who uses the word 'tekkers ' on a junior football forum. Sorry

Haha some junior players have some of the "tekkers" as well you know RRG. well i either used that word or listed the full alternative words to what i was meaning.

deano being daft is a pre requisite of being a goalkeeper.

Archived