Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

Do you think that's the way the St Johnstone fans felt when the Dees won the league at Asda relegating you bunch in the process?

I seems to me that it inspired a jealousy and bitterness that's lasted 50 years.

Diddums.

No bitterness and jealousy here, I assure you. Happy to have you lot back up, would far rather have fixtures v dundee than all your Patricks, killies, accies, fakes etc any day. I don't think any saints fan wants to see dundee go under either, despite your club's best efforts these past few years. Admittedly I would far rather normal service was resumed as soon as possible, with us beating you regularly and being well above you in the table!

I love how much dundee fans go on about how much the fixture means to us and yet it's just another game for them, and yet they seem to have more froth over us than we do them! Just had a look, their thread for the match v aberdeen at start of October was 14 pages. This one is at 31.

But you carry on with the pretence that tayside's most successful team (of the past 3 seasons :) ) don't matter to you.

Finally, pretending there is no rivalry is denying your clubs past. Our record crowd at muirton was a handful under 30,000 in 1959 and dundee made up almost half. Same for several games in the sixties at muirton with some huge crowds between the two sides. Apart from tannadice, when have you ever taken away supports like that to any other ground for non- semis or finals ??

WE ARE A MASSIVE BIG DEAL TO YOU and always have been, there's no need to be ashamed about it.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching Clarkson's dive several times I really hope that he is charged with bringing the game into disrepute .

Its high time that this sort of behaviour is stamped out and he should be made an example of and given a long ban.

0.00023/10

No bitterness and jealousy here, I assure you. Happy to have you lot back up, would far rather have fixtures v dundee than all your Patricks, killies, accies, fakes etc any day. I don't think any saints fan wants to see dundee go under either, despite your club's best efforts these past few years. Admittedly I would far rather normal service was resumed as soon as possible, with us beating you regularly and being well above you in the table!

I love how much dundee fans go on about how much the fixture means to us and yet it's just another game for them, and yet they seem to have more froth over us than we do them! Just had a look, their thread for the match v aberdeen at start of October was 14 pages. This one is at 31.

But you carry on with the pretence that tayside's most successful team (of the past 3 seasons :) ) don't matter to you.

Finally, pretending there is no rivalry is denying your clubs past. Our record crowd at muirton was a handful under 30,000 in 1959 and dundee made up almost half. Same for several games in the sixties at muirton with some huge crowds between the two sides. Apart from tannadice, when have you ever taken away supports like that to any other ground for non- semis or finals ??

WE ARE A MASSIVE BIG DEAL TO YOU and always have been, there's no need to be ashamed about it.

A) Who is Patrick?

B) You will find that their was no horrific officiating at the Aberdeen game which is why this one has run on so long. Not because it's our wannabe rivals.

After watching Clarkson's dive several times I really hope that he is charged with bringing the game into disrepute .

Its high time that this sort of behaviour is stamped out and he should be made an example of and given a long ban.

Good idea. I'll get a petition started.

I notice nobody ever answered my earlier question, I'll ask again; Did St Johnstone ever actually make it past the qualifiers in Europe?

Yes

I notice nobody ever answered my earlier question, I'll ask again; Did St Johnstone ever actually make it past the qualifiers in Europe?

Got through the 1st round then went out. Surprised there wasn't comprehensive coverage in the Tully tbh.

I'm sure Dundee will do a better job next season. Group stage minimum imo.

Archived