Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's hard for saints fans to understand but you score goals by hitting the round thing at the net where the man with big gloves stands.

We scored the same amount as you :lol:

As an aside Clarkson looks nothing like the player who turned up on trial at us. He's now a bustling striker who'll chase everything and I imagine that was one of the toughest tests our defence has faced for a while. Its pretty disappointing we turned a player like that down and got Morgan instead, who still struggles to hit the target even when warming up, ut at the time it was a no brainer as Clarkson looked to be at Craig Beattie levels of usefulness.

Pretty much, best part was when the Derry tried to "steal" a song and then gave up as we kept singing :

Oh dear, I only heard your sweetie wrappers! Small noise, small team, small support..... Small club :-)

You're clearly desperate to be a troll though, so you're opinions pretty irrelevant

After watching the highlights and sobering up I can see I got most things right in my posts yesterday. I think Clarkson realises he's made a bit of an arse of the chip so he dives and Madden makes the right decision. Saints should of had a penalty when McPake was all over Wright, from my angle I thought he was just diving. McPake clearly tugged Graham's shirt so that was a penalty, I didn't even need to see the replay for that one I've no idea why he did it. When Boyle was through it does look like it comes off Eastons head or body, not his hand. Would be good if you could see the Stewart penalty incident from a different angle but I still think that should of been a penalty.

Madden booked too many Dundee players for things that Saints players got away with. Harkins got booked for a handball about a minute after st johnstone had handballed it, he was probably booked for mouthing off but he had a point :lol: There was a lot of fouls to stop Dundee breaking away and Madden was reluctant to book them.

So he got 2 big decisions wrong, 1 for each team. We didn't win because we didn't take our chances when we were on top. In the end it looked like st johnstone were more likely to win it, they really played a lot better in the second half and we played a lot worse. I'd have been a seething mess if we'd have lost that game.

I know it means nothing but I can't believe there's st johnstone fans that think they were louder than the Derry :thumsup2

Want to tell Sebo that his performances were very good in Scotland as the chances he put in to row Z don't count? I'm sure he will be delighted.

Let me explain it to you, a ball in to a good area that is missed by an attacking player is a chance. If the attacking player had read it better or kept his eye on the ball he would score. It's not a difficult concept.

Fucking hell.

Want to tell Sebo that his performances were very good in Scotland as the chances he put in to row Z don't count? I'm sure he will be delighted.

Let me explain it to you, a ball in to a good area that is missed by an attacking player is a chance. If the attacking player had read it better or kept his eye on the ball he would score. It's not a difficult concept.

Minter.

Harkins gets booked for kicking the ball away IIRC, not his handball.

Ohhh and Paul McGowan is fucking mental, if he's not in Perma-seethe at the officials it's his own players. It's hilarious to watch at times.

Its not really arguable we were dominant in the second half, we had more possession and the majority of it was in Dundees half. Its arguable whether we were actually more dangerous in that spell though, considering Dundee had the better chances. Theres a difference between how dangerous you look and how dominant you're being

Oh Gus. :( Once such a respected poster now a laughing stock jumping in with simpletons like Deeboy and Deejango for a cheap pop. A real riches to rags sort of story.

Don't think it was a cheap pop but more of a fact, in that your posts are totally and utterly laughable.

Do you actually have any concept of the game whatsoever? I would hazard a guess and say 'No'.

Harkins gets booked for kicking the ball away IIRC, not his handball.

Ohhh and Paul McGowan is fucking mental, if he's not in Perma-seethe at the officials it's his own players. It's hilarious to watch at times.

McGowans an idiot, spends the whole match getting wound up by folk (Millar) and ends up completely losing his position as he wants to be as close to them as possible to leave sly kicks and argue with them. Takes himself right out the game.

Interesting that everyone considers us "streetwise" though, Id agree we are. Just strange how once we're in Europe we come across as naive

Oh Gus. :( Once such a respected poster now a laughing stock jumping in with simpletons like Deeboy and Deejango for a cheap pop. A real riches to rags sort of story.

I barely post on here anymore because it's pretty shit. This should be considered when you make your posts about as laughable a concept of status on an internet message board.

Give us more of your views on the game of football please. They are quite amusing.

Possession 54% Dundee.

Yeah, because we barely touched the ball in the first half. Show me possession stats from the second, since we only deal in facts.

That's not true.

It is, Millar done it to him when he was at St Mirren aswell, seems to be effective.

'We' implies all of us. It was proven last night, that you're a pathological liar with your takings on the Clarkson incident.

Please do not try and claim you are in the factually correct club. Thank you.

Okay, since "you" only deal in facts, can you please provide them?

I've explained my views. First half all Dundee, second half Saints were well on top. I'm struggling to see the controversy here. Surely that's a sentiment everybody at the game will share??

Everyone's said the 'game of two halves' thing ya ding.

Go back to the bit about attacking play not necessarily meaning the football will be propelled towards the goal very much idea.

Well this has developed into an utter shitstorm.

Both teams were denied a clear penalty. Clarkson one wasn't a penalty, he realises he has missed and tries to use Mannus' arm to go down. It wasn't enough to send him down. Easton headed it on the ground. Dundee should have been 2 or 3 up at half time, but we changed it and in the end were the dominate team in the second half, albeit didn't create anywhere near the chances Dundee had in the first half.

Draw was probably a fair result though, final thing, Hartley almost ballsed it up, but taking Boyle off. All of a sudden Mackay was free every time.

Archived