Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically think the ref got a 'skiffy' that he'd missed a clear one (he'd missed 2 for us by then as well in a day of whistle blowing minterisms) by mcpake already so had his eyes peeled for any further infringement.

Was a pen for me. So we're the others. Ref had more facts than boredomguy today...

If he's tripped him then it's a pen. At the time I thought dive but I thought the alleged contact was with the arm. The rage really set in when Harkins was booked (rightly) for a stupid handball in the middle of the park.

Harkins should never have been booked for that. It hit his hand and he went to catch the ball as he knew it was a free kick and the ref had blown.

One of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen. I'd say he was bias but he also missed a stonewall penalty for St J in the first half as McPake wrestled with Wright. Wright got booked for it as well. It was the referee show today.

I was right in front of that and seriously had no idea why Wright was going nuts. I must have looked away as I didn't see anything.

I'll admit that my heads gone and I'm most definitely seething. That refereeing was shambolic. From a biased point of view there were 2 blatant penalties, 3 blatant red cards and 1 potential red card. Even if your a neutral there had to be one penalty and the red to go with it minimum. In the end I can't argue that saints didn't have far the better of he 2nd half but by the fact is they should never have been capable of being in the game

How the f**k Dundee finished the game with 4 yellows and the Fermers with 1 really defies logic.

Nope, stonewall penalty. I could see it from the Bobby Cox. He was lucky to get away with a more blatant tug in the first half. That's not to say Madden didn't make plenty of shocking decisions for both teams.

I doubt you'll see a more obvious game of two halves; we dominated in the first and Saints dominated in the second. A point fair overall but Saints will be disappointed they didn't sneak a winner.

If we lost that game I would be raging. Ref tried his hardest tho.

Think heads gone crown has to go to McGowan for his rent at the lino that earned him a booking. Looked like he was going to stick the nut on him!

As has been pointed out it was Boyle. I think the only reason he booked him was to even it up after Wright lost his head minutes earlier.

If we disregard the referee's performance a draw is fair.

A) Yes.

B) Inconsequential, penalty, red card.

ETA - the Stewart penalty incident, anyone have a good view of that one? From where I was, it looked a penalty. As I've said though, on that one there is definitely leeway for error.

I was in row F of the Bobby Cox on the side it happened. He went thru a gap and was scythed down.

Stonewaller.

6931 at the game today, decent. Another gripe is, we were running late and only reached the gate at 2:55, to be halted for 'respecting the minute silence' .. There was about 100 of us stood outside the Derry until 3:05 waiting on the minute silence to end.

Yeah, you've been massively hard done by there.

McGowan was definitely booked, he done the 'throw your head and shout' act. As soon as he done it, you knew he was getting booked.

Was he? Fair enough.

Boyle wasn't having the best of games but I thought the fact he had a yellow was why he was taken off. Thomson was gash when he came on.

First half saints were abysmal. Caddis had no effect on the game and none of the front four were involved with the game bar a few flashes from O'Hallaron. Not sure about the Clarkson incident, first reaction was a penalty but did think he went down easily. Lucky to go in only one down at half time.

Different story second half and thought saints controlled most the game after the equaliser. Bit frustrating we only started pressing then; feel perhaps a little too much respect was paid early on (or maybe the midfield that started wasn't suited).

Enjoyed that game, first half was awful from saints- strange line up from Tommy with caddis playing off Graham. A combination of dundee playing well and us being stinking and mannus kept us in it.

Would like to see it again but at the time I thought mannus had pulled the lad down and was going to get a red.. Definitely a saints penalty as Graham's shirt was pulled as he was going for a header at goal. Goal scoring opportunity denied? Would have been a soft red but possibly by the letter of the law..

Second half saints were superb without creating enough clear chances. Croft was excellent, lappin looked a class act in the middle and spoony showed real hunger and desire. It turned into a real ding dong derby, even though it's obviously not a derby, and was nice to come away from a game feeling it was good value, a rarity this season.

Overall I thought a draw was fair. Great saints support after the way we've been playing, got behind the team well. 1200 ??

Now all we need is to show that passion and ability to keep the ball for the full 90...

Where do you start with that refereeing performance? Bizarre. I've already expended too much energy over it though!

Regardless, We should have been out of sight at half time but credit to the farmers for sorting themselves out In the second half. Thought we still looked more likely to grab a winner though.

I think the refereeing definitely played a part in how we played after the penalty. We were backing off all the time looking scared to put in a challenge, no surprise when he seemed so keen to book Dundee players.

Don't think anyone mentioned the incident when graham backed his arse three times into McGinn (I think it was) then fell over and the ref gave them the free kick. Plenty of other little bizarre decisions from him on top of the major ones. The worst refereeing performance I've seen and that's saying something.

Ok enough now, back to this tasty Double Chocolate Stout. Will take the draw and league position.

I was right in front of that and seriously had no idea why Wright was going nuts. I must have looked away as I didn't see anything.

McPake just about had the shirt off his back. You won't see a more blatant penalty this season.

Other than incompetence (which to be fair is by far the most likely explanation) the only reason I can think of as to why it wasn't given would be if Wright was wrestling with McPake immediately prior. One of those "you're both at it so you can both f**k off" situations.

It'll be interesting to see where Madden's next appointment is. Although in this strange world we live in where he's on the FIFA list, it wouldn't surprise me if he UEFA gave him a plum qualifier next week. If Willie Collum can referee Barcelona v Ajax then anything can happen.

Enjoyed that game, first half was awful from saints- strange line up from Tommy with caddis playing off Graham. A combination of dundee playing well and us being stinking and mannus kept us in it.

Would like to see it again but at the time I thought mannus had pulled the lad down and was going to get a red.. Definitely a saints penalty as Graham's shirt was pulled as he was going for a header at goal. Goal scoring opportunity denied? Would have been a soft red but possibly by the letter of the law..

Second half saints were superb without creating enough clear chances. Croft was excellent, lappin looked a class act in the middle and spoony showed real hunger and desire. It turned into a real ding dong derby, even though it's obviously not a derby, and was nice to come away from a game feeling it was good value, a rarity this season.

Overall I thought a draw was fair. Great saints support after the way we've been playing, got behind the team well. 1200 ??

Now all we need is to show that passion and ability to keep the ball for the full 90...

Yeah, about what I thought. Stand was a bit under half full.

6931 at the game today, decent. Another gripe is, we were running late and only reached the gate at 2:55, to be halted for 'respecting the minute silence' .. There was about 100 of us stood outside the Derry until 3:05 waiting on the minute silence to end.

Minter.

That's like 10 minutes of silence.

Mucho respect.

Lest we forget x

Archived