Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

From where I was sitting looked like Mannus put his arm round Clarksons waist and pulled him back after he'd lobbed him, looked stonewall to me and ref bottled it and took the easy option to book Clarkson. That said we should have been comfortably in front at half time, different story second, never really got started and saints controlled midfield, too many of our players went missing and seen the other side of Harkins, didn't look interested but again the erratic ref might have had a few of them fearing a red, probably the only surprise of the day that he didn't send someone off. Draw about right all things considered

Yeah, your interpretation of the penalty definitely didn't happen. I don't think Mannus intended any contact. If there was any my first thought was Clarkson could still have stayed up and knocked the loose ball in. However, I thought the contact was with the arm and other people are saying it was a trip so I think we need to see the replay to know for sure!

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, your interpretation of the penalty definitely didn't happen. I don't think Mannus intended any contact. If there was any my first thought was Clarkson could still have stayed up and knocked the loose ball in. However, I thought the contact was with the arm and other people are saying it was a trip so I think we need to see the replay to know for sure!

What has it got to do with anything whether Mannus intended any contact or not?

I should have put that in-the intention is irrelevant, if he plays the man enough to put him down its a penalty and red card. No question. Ravabelli seemed to suggest it was a deliberate foul with the arm but I didn't think so at the time.

The question is a) was there contact and b) was there enough to put him down.

Maybe saying he pulled him back is misleading but it definitely looked like his arm was round his waist from the angle I seen it. Clarkson didn't need to go down and could have gone on to score. Guess tv pics will clear it up though. Also official attendance figure seemed a bit iffy?? Not sure they counted the away fans in it

From where I was sitting, it looked like Clarkson mucked up his attempted lob then made the most of the slightest touch from mannus' hand on his chest/shoulder area as he went past. I wasn't that surprised to see the yellow come out for Clarkson, but equally I wouldn't have been surprised if the penalty had been given, although it would've been exceptionally soft.

Also, I genuinely have no recollection of this shocking two footed tackle being mentioned! Who was it who committed this heinous assault?

From where I was sitting, it looked like Clarkson mucked up his attempted lob then made the most of the slightest touch from mannus' hand on his chest/shoulder area as he went past. I wasn't that surprised to see the yellow come out for Clarkson, but equally I wouldn't have been surprised if the penalty had been given, although it would've been exceptionally soft.

Also, I genuinely have no recollection of this shocking two footed tackle being mentioned! Who was it who committed this heinous assault?

Take your farmer glasses off.

There was an 'out of control' tackle where the player left the ground. First half. I wouldn't call it two footed though. Still, the lack of yellow only made Madden's performance more laughable/seethe inducing.

Was that why Clarkson was ranting at Madden for ages then? I'm amazed a Saints player managed to get close enough to a Dundee player in that first half to connect with a tackle, we were so far off the pace it was embarrassing.

I've just seen the Saints penalty decision. It's not a pull atall. Why Do c***s like BoredomGuy just make things up. Very lucky to get a penalty for that.

I'd need to see it again, but there was definitely a fistful of Graham's shirt being pulled by someone from my view.

For what it's worth I don't think the Brian Easton incident was a red nor a foul. I think Boyle was clean through, Easton slipped and was very lucky to get his head to the ball.

On that basis, I'm genuinely shocked Madden didn't send him off for it though as he got just about every other call wrong major or otherwise.

I'd need to see it again, but there was definitely a fistful of Graham's shirt being pulled by someone from my view.

I was in the Bobby Cox but it looked to me as if McPake was pulling on Graham. Don't know if it was a stonewalled but certainly looked like it could be given. McPake on Wright in the first half was 100x worse than that though.

I've just seen the Saints penalty decision. It's not a pull atall. Why Do c***s like BoredomGuy just make things up. Very lucky to get a penalty for that.

Looked a bricker to me bud - sit in the coxy looking right at it, shirt was stretched away from his body.

Tell the guy he's a fucking nut case. McPake puts his hand on Graham slightly and He jumps over like the big stumbling oaf that he is. A point stolen. It's ok though, take your point from Dens and saviour It.

Looked a bricker to me bud - sit in the coxy looking right at it, shirt was stretched away from his body.

Mcpake definitely grabbed Graham's shirt and pulled him back. Daft foul, given that the ball in was shit and Bain would've claimed it easily.

Wait till you see it on TV. Record Sky Sports news so you don't have to watch Harry Redknapps sagging beanbag pus, and the rest of the pish. The goals have been shown, and the incident, they'll repeat It again soon.

I'm liking your mock break down. It's very clever. Wait.........

Archived