Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

I'll bite. Why should 'McPake have walked'? Please say for the penalty. The ball where your striker was never reaching it.

When were you ever close to taking all three points? The only team who came close, was Dundee.

Presumably he means for the combination of that one and the one he wasn't penalised for in the first half that was even more blatant.

I don't think you can deny that we were the more likely side after it went 1-1. The number of times we got in down the Dundee left was ridiculous but unfortunately putting the ball across the six yard box isn't the same as putting it in the net.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presumably he means for the combination of that one and the one he wasn't penalised for in the first half that was even more blatant.

I don't think you can deny that we were the more likely side after it went 1-1. The number of times we got in down the Dundee left was ridiculous but unfortunately putting the ball across the six yard box isn't the same as putting it in the net.

You were no more likely to win it after your equaliser than Dundee were for the whole game before that.

Shots on target would back this up as would shots off target.

Nope. Irvine has in no way been excellent. If Irvine Was excellent what was McGinn? Irvine was beat in the second half time and again, and gave away alot of fouls. He doesn't go past the half way line either. We're getting away with him being there and he's playing better than at right back last season. Not playing excellent in any way though.

We'll have to agree to disagree! His consistency since August at left back has been outstanding.

I'm pleased as last season he was shambolic.

Highlight of the day was getting in for a tenner. Old boy in front said he was a concession & the woman said you had to ask for it, So I asked for a concession & got change from a £20 note.

1st half awful, 2nd half much much better.

FWIW Mannus was MOTM although we could have nicked it 2nd haf.

I'll bite. Why should 'McPake have walked'? Please say for the penalty. The ball where your striker was never reaching it.

When were you ever close to taking all three points? The only team who came close, was Dundee.

McPake prevented a CLEAR GOAL SCORING OPPORTUNITY by grabbing a large handfull of our lads shirt. The ref gives a penalty and should have then red carded McPake. Personally I am glad he never though, because McPake was much more of an asset to Saints than he was to Dundee. He is fucking pish.

Saints were all over Dundee in the second half ( a bit like a Dee Lad and his sister on a Saturday night)

I hope that clears it up for you fannybaws. ;-).

Wouldn't be surprised if the referee was from an agricultural background.

If we'd had a balanced official then it would've got embarrassing in the first half, 6 or 7 nil for Dundee.

I can only ever imagine Saints scoring 7 against Dundee. Oh wait.......... :whistle

Don't know what McPake was thinking. Ball into the box was awful and Bain clearly had it covered.

Everything has been pretty much covered already. Totally different game if we get that penalty on 6 mins and Mannus gets sent off. Awful refereeing performance.

On the second half performance Saints earned the draw though, fair result.

Has to be said, think we were sitting off second half because so many of our midfield were already on bookings - add this to a clearly volatile referee who was just wanting to send a Dundee player off.

What's the length of Clarkson's contract with Dundee? He seems to have been an excellent signing.

I wonder if we can tempt him over to Dundee's big team in the next transfer window.

Is he United quality?

Has to be said, think we were sitting off second half because so many of our midfield were already on bookings - add this to a clearly volatile referee who was just wanting to send a Dundee player off.

This. He was choking to send a Dundee player off and I think it affected our game. We had Harkins and McGowan on bookings in the middle and they started to get more time.

St Johnstone are the niggliest team I've seen in years. Very streetwise. Brian graham wraps his hands round the back of the player behind him before every jump and seems to get hit in the face every time he goes up.

Thought we were excellent in the first half and terrible in the second. Just didn't seem to get going. Great to see Clarkson getting another goal and being fair I think saints fans can be buoyed by their second half performance.

The ref tho.... Fucking hell that is without a shadow of doubt the worst ref performance I've seen at dens. Ever.

He was abysmal, either biased or incompetent. Saints should have had another pen with McPake near enough de-shirting one if their players in first half. We should have had the clarkson one, which would have seen mannus walk aswell. In the second Greg Stewart was scythed down as he was about to pull the trigger. They also should have had another man sent off in the second half when he slipped and palmed the ball out of the way of our attacker who was clean through.

Seriously hope he gets a puncture on the way home and has to stand in the pushing rain for hours. c**t.

Annnnd exhale....

I thought Easton was extremely lucky but it wasn't handball. He slipped and the ball struck his face when Boyle tried to knock it past him to run in on goal.

Clarkson headed it wide then threw himself down once he'd brushed past Mannus :lol: i was in the front row of supporters, that side of the goal, and it looked blindingly obvious

I think you got that wrong.

Think heads gone crown has to go to McGowan for his rent at the lino that earned him a booking. Looked like he was going to stick the nut on him!

I didn't spot McGowan getting booked, and neither did the BBC or Sky. That was probably the incident when Boyle was booked. A minor gripe about Madden's performance is that he vaguely waved his yellow card in the air without making it clear who was getting booked.

From where I was sitting looked like Mannus put his arm round Clarksons waist and pulled him back after he'd lobbed him, looked stonewall to me and ref bottled it and took the easy option to book Clarkson. That said we should have been comfortably in front at half time, different story second, never really got started and saints controlled midfield, too many of our players went missing and seen the other side of Harkins, didn't look interested but again the erratic ref might have had a few of them fearing a red, probably the only surprise of the day that he didn't send someone off. Draw about right all things considered

Archived