Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

You're going to have to enlighten me about which other incident could have resulted in an Easton red card then. Dundee fans are really coming across as pretty deluded in this thread to be honest. It doesn't matter how many non-incidents you make up to try and prove that "we wiz robbed," it's blatantly obvious to anybody with half a brain that the only wrong decision went against Saints.

Incorrect. Clarkson was impeded by Mannus. As Clarkson lifts the ball over Mannus he moves to the left to try and get a glove on it and fails thus blocking Clarkson's path to the ball. Pretty simple really. A stonewall penalty and sending off. Epic fail by the referee. Could have been game over.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Clarkson / Mannus incident in the 6th minute is a definite penalty. Watched it in slow mo several time and Clarkson is straight on with Mannus. As Clarkson lifts it over Mannus the keeper moves to the left to get a glove on the ball and fails. As a result he blocks Clarkson's direct line to the ball and as such it is a stonewall penalty. Referee bottled it imo. Mannus should have seen a red card.

Having said that Saints should have had two penalties. McPake was a joke yesterday for those two incidents. The TV highlights did not catch the penalty that was given but from the Stand it was a stonewaller.

The Stewart one for me was not a penalty. Not enough contact and was probably going down anyway. There was no foul before it btw just two players going for the ball and the stronger man won.

The Easton handball was also not a foul. He fell and Boyle had a bad first touch and his second should have taken it past Easton. Boyle is an enigma for me. Can show flashes of brilliance but them duffs simple opportunities. He needs to step up and a more decisive contribution to matches.

Would like to see the incident again at the end when Stewart seemed to get the better of the two defenders in injury time and was bundled down just outside the box. Don't know why the TV highlights did not show that one.

All in all the first decision could have proved decisive in Dundee's favour and was not given. That is the one that really is hard to take. Tempted to say that Dundee stood off in the second half as Madden seemed extremely keen to book Dundee players for anything. Will never know. If you ignore Madden's howler in the 6th minute then a draw was fair on balance of play.

tbh if we agreed that the Clarkson incident was a penalty, his touch isn't the best and it looks like the defender had it covered if you track his movement. Since the foul would have occurred after the touch, I don't think it would have been an obvious goalscoring opportunity so wouldn't have seen a red.

As a neutral who had to listen to a lot of dee fans moaning today, I reckon Clarkson dived.

Contact does not mean penalty. It looked like he anticipated more of a foul but the keeper has done well to pull back, making the striker look a bit silly.

Sensible dundee fans seem to have come to this conclusion, others not so much.

Anyway, carry on.

He carded Dees for the tiniest infringements but let St Johnstone players away with what would constitute assault if it took place on the street.

Sounds nasty. I'm surprised none of us have read about this until now. Didn't involve Jim Goodwin, I suppose,

Interesting how he doesnt blame his centre back for constantly fouling in the box, or his team for putting no effort in during the srcond half, or even his managers completely bizarre subs...

He said "kind of Derby", so no, no it's not.

Fair enough tbh.

Good to see that the Dundee fans don't care about playing Saints. Despite the seethe on here, referee petitions and tear stained Daily Record rants.

:1eye

Cannae be bothered reading all this, who done what , when pish. At half time, I would have gladly taken the 1 nil defeat and headed home. As it is, I went down the road feeling like we'd won.

Certainly didn't see any game changers sitting on our bench, but hey! miracles happen.

From The Tully..............

"Given the location and the fact Mannus was preventing a clear, goalscoring opportunity, a red card and obligatory penalty were widely expected to follow.

What actually did proceed was, in truth, a farce."

Archived