Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the first decision. It was the most important moment of the game. I think Clarkson tried to lob the keeper and it was going wide so he either went down or the keeper took him down, it looked like a pen from the main stand.

Then harkins got booked for an accidental handball a minute after a st Johnstone player done the same.

The boyle incident looked like it came off his head rather than his arm.

Stewarts pen looked a stonewaller.

If we'd have lost I'd have been a heads gone candidate but in the end we were hanging on. I'll wait to see the replays but we could have won that easily.

McPake fouled Wright in the first half (when Wright charged to the linesman and got booked). Was holding onto his shirt pretty clearly so dodged a penalty there.

The penalty was very light (but albeit a penalty) and you see defenders get away with that quite a lot; it was way lighter than the one in the first half anyway.

Can't be definite about the Stewart incident but it does seem like he just lost his balance.

As much as it pains me to say it, the verdict on the big decisions is that on a first viewing Madden got them right apart from missing a St Johnstone penalty. Anyone feel differently after watching it? His performance was still shite but it was the less significant decisions that he got wrong; we can't really put the result on him

McAllister really wasted a chance when he cut the ball back across goal and we had another couple of half chances we could have done better with.

Can't say Clarkson dived at all.

I've sort of changed my mind a bit. Watched it over ten times and I'm now thinking that, by the letter of the law, he was fouled but he went down pretty dramatically and that makes it look a bit cheap. If he had continued but stumbled then it would have looked a lot clearer.

Wait till you see it on TV. Record Sky Sports news so you don't have to watch Harry Redknapps sagging beanbag pus, and the rest of the pish. The goals have been shown, and the incident, they'll repeat It again soon.

:lol:

When I've not had my hole for a while I like to say my baws are hinging like Harry Redknapp's eyelids. So I do.

That's my opinion. Either the camerawork is awful or that is the most bemusing penalty decision I've seen (so far) this season. We got away with one in the first half, no doubt.

What do the other incidents look like on the highlight package?

Just watched the highlights of the Clarkson incident. Clear penalty. There is contact, no questions about it.

ETA: Mannus also lowers his arm and puts it across Clarkson.

It was a definite penalty. From the Bobby Cox you could see the, er, "distortion" of the jersey as it was tugged.

I also don't buy into the notion of "soft" penalties. It's either a penalty or it's not.

ETA: I should add I mean the St Johnstone penalty that was given.

Archived