Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

If we're to harbour hopes of finishing in the top 6, these are the games we really should be winning. St Johnstone have looked awful and toothless of late although it's a great game for them to go into after having rebuilt their confidence a bit after easing past Motherwell on Friday.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The victory against Motherwell has relieved us of some 'relegation zone' pressure, but we should have loftier ambitions than that. Another win is a must if we are to close what is already a considerable points gap between ourselves and the top 6. Dundee will be tough opposition but it is a winnable match and, with added confidence now, there is no reason why we can't give it a good shot.

I'd also like to add that I hope for much improved pre-match banter on this thread. The last one was an absolute disgrace.

I'd like to begin by saying that I like Dundee FC. I like their style, I like their cool and trendy sponsors, I like the city of Dundee, I like Peter MacDonald and I share a common dislike of Dundee United.

The Real Saints, on 01 Nov 2014 - 18:10, said:

I'd also like to add that I hope for much improved pre-match banter on this thread. The last one was an absolute disgrace.

I'd like to begin by saying that I like Dundee FC. I like their style, I like their cool and trendy sponsors, I like the city of Dundee, I like Peter MacDonald and I share a common dislike of Dundee United.

I like farm produce. I don't like St Johnstone. I don't like their style, I don't like their mundane and boring sponsors, I especially don't like Dave Mackay. f**k St Johnstone.

Tough game for us, and we'll need to actually start the match well to stand a chance. I'd start the same eleven that beat Motherwell and try and let them build up some momentum, we'll hopefully have Lappin, Muzz and Wotherspoon back in the squad to give us some viable options from the bench aswell. Dundee seem like one of those sides who aren't really spectacular but will pick up points here and there and push the top six the whole way, and they have numerous players who can score, thankfully our defence have stepped up recently and Frazer Wright is back to his dominant best, if we can avoid O'Halloran taking on men on the edge of his own box then we shouldn't be too afraid though.

Our chances rest on our wingers as always though, we'll have no chance if O'Halloran and Croft play like they have all season, if they can turn in a performance like they did in the second half yesterday we've got every chance. One positive is we'll hopefully manage a shot on target this time.

I like farm produce. I don't like St Johnstone. I don't like their style, I don't like their mundane and boring sponsors, I especially don't like Dave Mackay. f**k St Johnstone.

You've missed out 'mr temper tantrum moderator' 8)

Don't see much in the St Johnstone attack to trouble us, sure they will press but soon run out of options, difference from last time we met is we are now taking our chances. Home win 3-0. Be happy with 6 or so points from next 4 matches expecting 3 of them from this match.

Gary Irvine to score a 40 yard thunderbolt against his former employers and celebrate by removing his full kit and sliding the length of the pitch on his belly completely naked.

Jeezuz Deeman! That image is too bad for my imagination. I need a drink now.

Tough game for us, and we'll need to actually start the match well to stand a chance. I'd start the same eleven that beat Motherwell and try and let them build up some momentum, we'll hopefully have Lappin, Muzz and Wotherspoon back in the squad to give us some viable options from the bench aswell. Dundee seem like one of those sides who aren't really spectacular but will pick up points here and there and push the top six the whole way, and they have numerous players who can score, thankfully our defence have stepped up recently and Frazer Wright is back to his dominant best, if we can avoid O'Halloran taking on men on the edge of his own box then we shouldn't be too afraid though.

Our chances rest on our wingers as always though, we'll have no chance if O'Halloran and Croft play like they have all season, if they can turn in a performance like they did in the second half yesterday we've got every chance. One positive is we'll hopefully manage a shot on target this time.

How are you defining a "really spectacular" football team and could you tell me a team in Scottish football past or present you would consider to be spectacular?

Thank you.

How are you defining a "really spectacular" football team and could you tell me a team in Scottish football past or present you would consider to be spectacular?

Thank you.

Celtic, they can crush teams by three or four at will playing a slick passing game. Dundee United last season had that ability aswell. You lot seem to be a hard working outfit who'll have flashes of class in one or two goal victories and possibly destroy a team at some point in the season, which is a pretty average trait in this league.

f**k Radford because of the loss of the busiest thread on P&B and many a wild claim by a few morons who will escape ridicule beause sockspunk Radford had a moody.

Will we get the thread back?

Celtic, they can crush teams by three or four at will playing a slick passing game. Dundee United last season had that ability aswell. You lot seem to be a hard working outfit who'll have flashes of class in one or two goal victories and possibly destroy a team at some point in the season, which is a pretty average trait in this league.

Very interesting.

This isn't the kind of response I was looking for, but there's plenty of time to work on something a bit more positive during the next week.

Archived