Fixture wipe-out

If Pars draw at East Stirling tomorrow, am I right in thinking that every League 1 fixture scheduled for next weekend will have to be postponed due to Scottish Cup replays?

Pars replay would be on Tuesday according to this: http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ScottishCup/2014-15/WHSC%20Round%20Three%20Fixtures.pdf

Up to and including R3 replays or reattempts can take place the following weekend - but clubs can also agree to use the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday immediately before or immediately after that weekend. Unsurprisingly, in the case of an all-SPFL tie, they often prefer to leave the league game unaffected.

After a replay/1st reattempt, all further reattempts are midweek, with 2 attempts per midweek.

From R4 on replays/reattempts go straight to midweek, with no weekend allowance.

No, nothing to do with distance. From rounds 1-3 it's up to the two clubs and they can choose a Saturday. Interestingly, Stranraer and Peterhead had already apparently chosen Tuesday 11th in the event that today's tie had been drawn. From round 4 onwards it's midweek.

Always does my head in that in this day and age cup games go to replays. The ties should be all done and dusted on the day. Replays are part of the game I've never liked.

I agree

Archived