Celtic v Rangers

hoopy1967

Pray for the weans due the fact their fucking dad called them Mokey and Boe :blink:

I retweeted one of the throbbers several meltdown posts and he fucking blocked me :lol:

You going to the game Bennett or still boycotting?

Feck would call their weans mokey and boe?

Nah I'll watch it on the telly.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't think Wetherspoons showed these games anyway. Certainly didn't for the Ledley 1-0 game just before the points deduction when me and my English cousin who likes to kid herself on she supports Rangers were looking for a semi-neutral pub in the town.

If I don't get a ticket (which is looking likely) I'm going to watch this one in the house with a few mates. The animals will probably riot, whether they win, lose or see the match abandoned.

Why arent Sevco fans boycotting this? The silence is deafening

Because they'd rather get involved in a bigot fest than try and make the ultimate point that they aren't happy with the board. Utter shitebags.

Because they'd rather get involved in a bigot fest than try and make the ultimate point that they aren't happy with the board. Utter shitebags.

But i was under the impression that they were going to boycott clubs that voted against them dropping straight into the top division, clubs like Dundee United and Celtic. Now theyve boycotted us etc so im still waiting on hearing why they arent boycotting this. Surely they dont want to come across as hypocritical considering the opposition?

I don't remember Wetherspoons ever showing the football, even if they did, it's not the pub most fans would go to watch the game. Most usually stick to "celtic pubs" or "rangers pubs"

Do Hearts and Hibs fans usually go to mixed pubs to watch a derby?

I don't remember Wetherspoons ever showing the football, even if they did, it's not the pub most fans would go to watch the game.

This

They wouldn't have been showing this match to start with so are clearly fishing for brownie points from the PC brigade with this rather odd announcement, its like Sydney Devine saying he's not bothered about not playing a sell out gig at Wembley Stadium

Wouldn't bother anyway with their bland soulless chain of dives selling watered down lager and shite frozen re-heated food

I don't remember Wetherspoons ever showing the football, even if they did, it's not the pub most fans would go to watch the game. Most usually stick to "celtic pubs" or "rangers pubs"

Yes they do because we're not incapable of watching a game of football with supporters of the opposition team without the potential for a riot.

Because the footballing divide in Edinburgh is primarily geographic as opposed to ethnic/sectarian things are a bit different.

Yes they do because we're not incapable of watching a game of football with supporters of the opposition team without the potential for a riot.

Because the footballing divide in Edinburgh is primarily geographic as opposed to ethnic/sectarian things are a bit different.

You seem to be contradicting each other here.

I have watched an Edinburgh derby in the city, it wasn't a mix of fans, so please do enlighten me, where abouts in the city do both set of supporters go to watch the game?

It's hardly uncommon for supporters to have their own pubs to watch the games in, especially if it's a city derby.

But please, do keep telling me otherwise

I've been in mixed pubs a few times for Rangers games in the West End, Cumbernauld and once in Livingston. I don't think that those places have some sort of moral superiority tbh, just a lack of pubs with a partisan identity and generally pubs with a lot more regular customers than ones in the city centre.

You seem to be contradicting each other here.

I have watched an Edinburgh derby in the city, it wasn't a mix of fans, so please do enlighten me, where abouts in the city do both set of supporters go to watch the game?

It's hardly uncommon for supporters to have their own pubs to watch the games in, especially if it's a city derby.

But please, do keep telling me otherwise

If, for example, you watched the Derby in a pub in Leith you wouldn't expect a mix of fans because you were deep in green territory. There are "Hearts pubs" and "Hibs pubs" but in general they're not near each other because, as I pointed out the divide is more geographical.

I can't however claim to be an expert on this because if I can't get to the Derby it'll be because I'm not in Edinburgh.

The last one I watched in the pub was the Mark De Vries 5-1 Derby in a bar that no longer exists

If, for example, you watched the Derby in a pub in Leith you wouldn't expect a mix of fans because you were deep in green territory. There are "Hearts pubs" and "Hibs pubs"

And you get "Celtic pubs" and "Rangers pubs"

That the point i'm making, most fans will head to one of these pubs to watch the game, rather than head into a wetherspoons in town, So i've got no idea why they are making a big deal out of this. I didn't even know they showed any games until someone pointed out one that does in town

These city centre chain pubs are always full of bams and kids and they're generally dodgy for occasions where people shout at the TV because no-one knows anyone other than the people they came in with. I'd avoid them for a Scotland game if I could, nevermind a derby match.

Archived