Queens v Dumbarton

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't we play 3-5-2 a few times at the start of this season, and most were clamouring for us to go back to 4 at the back?

Na, that was more of a 4-5-1 with Nish sauntering about up front himself.

I'm quite happy to see us line up 4-4-2 but certainly wouldn't be against using the same tactics as Saturday.

Didn't Cowdenbeath play that formation and win against you?

Three centre backs with two wing backs made us more difficult to break down.

Correct, but we played the first half with a lone striker 30 yards up the park from the rest of the team hopefully a lesson was learned, then again based on the last 15mins against Livi I'm not so sure.

Any news on whether Paton, Burns or any of the others that have been injured might make it for the bench on Saturday?

No Paton Mitchell Burns or McKenna, Durnan has been back training and Holt will be back from suspension while Russell is nursing a knock.

Still no No2 Jim spoke to a few but will run with Thomson helping out just now.

I think it'd be unfair to drop Ewings after having such a good game, and I was one of his worst critics, but I do have renewed confidence for Saturday, and I think queens seemed to have better results under Jim mcintyre

Danny Rodgers back in to start for me, no questions asked.

We seem to save some of our best performances for The Rock. I hope the talk of you moving comes to nothing!

Our win up there this season owed a lot to us adapting to the windy conditions. We managed to do the same against Falkirk in our last home game, but then struggled away to Livingston. I don't think the weather was to blame for that poor performance but it certainly was blowing a gale.

Hugh Murray out for us and Kane's chances rated as 50/50. Jordan Kirkpatrick also back in the squad.

As per usual, the team news comes with the caveat that any team news given could be complete shite.

He's a coy character, is our Ian Murray. Last week, Andy Graham was a dead duck if you believed the propaganda.

IIRC he was one of our best players against the scum.

Archived