Queens v Dumbarton

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does look less of a penalty from that side of the pitch. I can assure you, though, from the other side there was a definite movement of the arm towards the ball. Dumbarton can probably count themselves a little lucky, if Thomson didnt give that pen he would almost certainly have given the one on around 3 mins in those highlights. Not only would that have been a penalty but a red card too.

The "50/50" looks even worse than I remember it. Its a clear foul. Kiltie gets to the ball first, tries to run round Gilhaney who runs into him and takes him out. He obviously didnt mean to connect head to head but to suggest its anything other than a foul is bizarre

Can't agree, and the later "handball" was ball-played-man.

Soft penalties, 50/50s/fouls, makes no difference. Absolutely rancid stuff from us.

Very disappointing display. Big game next Saturday.

It does look less of a penalty from that side of the pitch. I can assure you, though, from the other side there was a definite movement of the arm towards the ball. Dumbarton can probably count themselves a little lucky, if Thomson didnt give that pen he would almost certainly have given the one on around 3 mins in those highlights. Not only would that have been a penalty but a red card too.

The "50/50" looks even worse than I remember it. Its a clear foul. Kiltie gets to the ball first, tries to run round Gilhaney who runs into him and takes him out. He obviously didnt mean to connect head to head but to suggest its anything other than a foul is bizarre

Thought it was a penalty at the time, still do. It's not so much that he moves his arm to the ball, it's that his arm is in an unnatural position, he's reaching forward, I think for Carmichael's back, and is caught completely offguard when Danny flicks the ball up and hits his arm with it. His arms certainly aren't down by his side when the ball hits one of them.

I don't think the one just after the three minute mark actually hits his arm but I could be wrong. It should certainly be a red card if it did.

The Gilhaney / Kiltie incident looks a pretty clear obstruction from Gilhaney to me. The fact they clashed heads is unfortunate and irrelevant. It's never in a month of Sundays a 50/50 ball. Kiltie plays it well before Gilhaney gets there. If they hadn't clashed heads and just run into one another I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid that we got a foul for it.

I'd have been more interested to see again the foul on Higgins before that which I thought was a bad one albeit I was a long way away.

Good highlights, Baird's miss is worse when you see it again, I know it's not an Iwelumo or a McHugh but it's a bad one. As for the penalty, now come on we've not had one in eighteen months!

Zander made a couple of good important saves.

Also that was a great ball from McShane near the end to Russell to run in on the keeper, not just seeing the run but then the weight of the pass.

Good highlights, Baird's miss is worse when you see it again, I know it's not an Iwelumo or a McHugh but it's a bad one. As for the penalty, now come on we've not had one in eighteen months!

Zander made a couple of good important saves.

Also that was a great ball from McShane near the end to Russell to run in on the keeper, not just seeing the run but then the weight of the pass.

re Baird miss....linesman actually flagged for offside anyway

I'm shocked if anyone seriously classes that as a 50/50. Kiltie was wiped out and how Gilhaney escaped a yellow is beyond me.

Re. The penalty. I had almost the exact same view as the camera (I was two or three seats below) and at the time I thought it was harsh. Looking at those highlights I would have still agreed had the player that handled it made a fuss. He didn't though. Unlike the rest of his team, he pretty much accepted the decision with no appeal to the ref. Kind of closes the book on that decision tbh.

As for the penalty, now come on we've not had one in eighteen months!.

Might have something to do with the fact Russell wasn't on the pitch at the time!!

We've been very unlucky over the past couple of seasons when it's came to having penalties awarded to us. Hopefully we've turned a corner in that respect.

Excellent highlights. Clears a lot up.

The penalty is even clearer there. He pretty much bats the ball down!

The Baird chance as I said wasnt given offside. The assistant eventually gives a goal kick but he doesnt put his flag "up" for offside. And indeed Baird is clearly onside.

The foul on Higgins is every bit as bad as I thought at the time. Right over the ball and straight onto the ankle. I think he was very lucky not to get a straight red there.

Excellent highlights. Clears a lot up.

The penalty is even clearer there. He pretty much bats the ball down!

The Baird chance as I said wasnt given offside. The assistant eventually gives a goal kick but he doesnt put his flag "up" for offside. And indeed Baird is clearly onside.

The foul on Higgins is every bit as bad as I thought at the time. Right over the ball and straight onto the ankle. I think he was very lucky not to get a straight red there.

That tackle is easily as bad as the one Holt was sent off for at Raith

The second handball claim looks even more of a penalty

Archived