Queens v Dumbarton

was concerned the minute i heard team selection with 4 centre halfs.

dont understand why gary fleming was pushed back up front after last week.

hopefully next week we are back at our level v livvie as queens,rangers hearts too good and we give them all the time they want on ball

in terms of banter. john baird is well up in my book. responded to dons fans with a smile ,a thumbs up and moved shorts out his a### as asked to do.well done bairdy respect.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt go as far as ropey but I would agree some of his passing today was too casual and sloppy. As I said earlier though, I think he contributed more than enough defensively to merit at least a "decent"

Agree completely with Cammy, McShane was the better of the two, narrowly my MOM

He probably would have been mine, but he pissed me off with a couple of really poor corners in the first half at a time when a set-piece looked like our best chance of a goal.

disappointing performance from us....we certainly haven't hit the heights of last season

strange selection from Murray today...too many centre halves....not enough strikers

Queens had most of ball in 1st half without really threatening....didn't agree with ref over penalty decision....I was always told it had to be a deliberate handball for it to be a penalty. Definite handball.....totally accidental though. Can refs not give indirect freekicks in box anymore?

as for the booing of the injured player....no-one was booing him...it was the ref...totally accidental clash of heads...if anything maybe 60:40 for the Queens player going in 1st

Fleming's challenge was poor, but yellow card was correct

I actually thought we were clawing our way back into the game at start of 2nd half, but poor defending for 2nd, and great 3rd goal killed the game for us

I too thought Kerr was pretty good as was Baird, but QoS definitely worth their 3 points today

Durnan was a worthy motm, but it was one of those where everyone played a 7/10 with no one really standing out.

Would completely agree about everyone being a 7/10 on the day. Excellent that we won so well regardless. Personally I would have given man of the match to Baird though. First half in particular he looked really sharp.

What happened to young Reilly today?

In the first eleven then not featuring?

Rumour mill was rife.

rumours i heard today Hungover, upset stomach, afraid of the weather & not wanting to risk himself with some bigger games coming up, can someone in the know clear this up.

Other than the "upset stomach", if any of the other reasons were true, for any QoS player not playing a game then I wouldn't want them at the club! I include the last reason as well. I have no issue with a manager dropping a player for use in bigger games but the idea of a player picking and choosing games would be a big no no for me.

I suspect Reilly was genuinely unwell though, he's always come across as a model pro. Hopefully nothing serious.

Rumour mill was rife.

rumours i heard today Hungover, upset stomach, afraid of the weather & not wanting to risk himself with some bigger games coming up, can someone in the know clear this up.

I`m not in the know but I`ll be frankly astonished if there is anything other than him feeling unwell and thus not being able to play. Suspect rather than rife the rumour mill will turn out to be shite.

Personally I think all the QoS MoM candidates had good, not great games. Both sides were guilty of giving the ball away cheaply and Mark Kerr was in there too but he made things tick for us and he gets my vote.

Clark didn't have much to do but thought his save, diving to his left in the second half was terrific. Dumbarton's best attempt to score.

Was that the first pen award to us since the one that never was at Almondvale, converted by Ryan. McGuffie.

Can't comment on the validity of this one since it was too far away. Ball definitely struck a hand but that does not a pen make, of course.

Personally I think all the QoS MoM candidates had good, not great games. Both sides were guilty of giving the ball away cheaply and Mark Kerr was in there too but he made things tick for us and he gets my vote.

Clark didn't have much to do but thought his save, diving to his left in the second half was terrific. Dumbarton's best attempt to score.

Was that the first pen award to us since the one that never was at Almondvale, converted by Ryan. McGuffie.

Can't comment on the validity of this one since it was too far away. Ball definitely struck a hand but that does not a pen make, of course.

Pretty sure it is the first award since that day.

I wonder if Baird would be 1st choice taker.

I`d choose Russell personally but of course he didn`t start today.

I`m not in the know but I`ll be frankly astonished if there is anything other than him feeling unwell and thus not being able to play. Suspect rather than rife the rumour mill wilt turn out to be shite.

Yes agree young Reilly gives all for the cause and if he wasn't 100% fit he wouldn't be able to perform to his high tempo game, get well soon wee'll need you any Easter road next sat.

disappointing performance from us....we certainly haven't hit the heights of last season

strange selection from Murray today...too many centre halves....not enough strikers

Queens had most of ball in 1st half without really threatening....didn't agree with ref over penalty decision....I was always told it had to be a deliberate handball for it to be a penalty. Definite handball.....totally accidental though. Can refs not give indirect freekicks in box anymore?

as for the booing of the injured player....no-one was booing him...it was the ref...totally accidental clash of heads...if anything maybe 60:40 for the Queens player going in 1st

Fleming's challenge was poor, but yellow card was correct

I actually thought we were clawing our way back into the game at start of 2nd half, but poor defending for 2nd, and great 3rd goal killed the game for us

I too thought Kerr was pretty good as was Baird, but QoS definitely worth their 3 points today

There was a definite movement of the arm towards the ball. Penalty all day long

Are there seriously rumours going around that there was something untoward with Reillys no-show today? Absolutely beggars belief

Forgot about that, it really was a world class save. For a guy as big as him to get down that low that quickly was quite exceptional.

If it's the save I'm thinking of, he dived to his right rather than his left, did he not?

Nope his left (assuming it's the same one, and seen as we only had one serious shot then it must be it) If you were behind the goal then it was your right.

(I just acted it out in my living room to ensure I was correct)

I`m not in the know but I`ll be frankly astonished if there is anything other than him feeling unwell and thus not being able to play. Suspect rather than rife the rumour mill will turn out to be shite.

Reilly started the warm up then came off and went down the tunnel closely followed by the physio and Fowler. Cant imagine it's anything other than feeling unwell as he didn't seem to be limping or anything.

Nope his left (assuming it's the same one, and seen as we only had one serious shot then it must be it) If you were behind the goal then it was your right.

(I just acted it out in my living room to ensure I was correct)

Removed my post, because I think I know the one you now mean.

Was it early in the second half? I had in my head one from late on when it was already 3-0, but I suspect you mean another.

I was in the main stand incidentally, but do get the concept of someone's right not necessarily being everyone's.

Rumour mill was rife.

You're the one spreading the rumours . Hang your head in shame son ;)

Removed my post, because I think I know the one you now mean. Was it early in the second half? I had in my head one from late on when it was already 3-0, but I suspect you mean another. I was in the main stand incidentally, but do get the concept of someone's right not necessarily being everyone's.

Aye it was probably only about 50 minutes in. Megginson played the ball out wide to MacDonald who unleashed a hard low shot to the 'keepers left. It looked destined for the bottom corner until somehow a glove appeared that was strong enough to hit it wide!

Didn't mean to be patronising about the 'Your left is my right' thing by the way. Sorry if it came across that way, it was just the only thing I could think of!

The shot you're thinking of was the only other one we had on target IIRC :(

Archived