Charges for carrier bags

It's coming up for winter and I like to wear a plastic bag on each foot in between socks. So by my calculations that's 10p a shot. Not a happy chappy.

Saying that though I used to go up to my mothers house and she used to have roughly a hundred thousand plastic bags under her sink.. Plastic bags inside other plastic bags. Big bags, wee bags, bags fucking everywhere. fucking mental. Hopefully that's an end to that.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quails' eggs and Quinoa

Maybe when the government get round to collecting Amazon's taxes, they could do something about the oversized boxes they send items out in.

We got 3 sheets of A4 plastic film in a box 15" x 15" x 4" earlier this week.

Waitrose shopper found. :P

Don't really mind this, if it helps the environment, but why do they need to fell half an Amazonian rain forest to make a receipt these days?

I made a single purchase of one item at £4.25 the other day and the receipt was 7 inches long!!

Also, does this move leave the door open for a new fashion craze for trousers with extra large pooches?

attachicon.giftrousers 1.jpg

attachicon.giftrousers 2.jpg

Discuss

I seriously doubt it's going to be a massive help to the environment.

I suppose there's a case to be made that every little helps, but the more probable story here is that we have a poll-chasing government that has very little in the way of actual policies, and just leaps on every single half-arsed idea that polls well so that they can appear in the papers and say they're actually doing something, or anything.

It was the same with the minimum drink price and the hiding the fags behind screens thing - no real policy ideas (except for one very big one), so let's just do whatever old shit goes down well with focus groups.

If e.g. mandatory clown outfits polled 57% in favour, I expect the Scottish Government would institute that as well. Their justifications for doing so would be equally weak - we're trying to create a better Scotland to raise the clowns that Scotland needs to make a better Scotland for Scots, and so on and on and arse arse arse.

I seriously doubt it's going to be a massive help to the environment.

I suppose there's a case to be made that every little helps, but the more probable story here is that we have a poll-chasing government that has very little in the way of actual policies, and just leaps on every single half-arsed idea that polls well so that they can appear in the papers and say they're actually doing something, or anything.

It was the same with the minimum drink price and the hiding the fags behind screens thing - no real policy ideas (except for one very big one), so let's just do whatever old shit goes down well with focus groups.

If mandatory clown outfits polled 57% in favour, expect the Scottish Government institute that as well. Their justifications for doing so would be equally weak - we're trying to create a better Scotland to raise the clowns that Scotland needs to make a better Scotland for Scots, and so on and on and arse arse arse.

Spot on. Kenny the Cnut runs his job that way.

Its hilarious the amount of folk who scan all their items and then look blankly at where the bags used to be, before turning around and looking at every single person while being like..

NiYRbaS.gif

Its hilarious the amount of folk who scan all their items and then look blankly at where the bags used to be, before turning around and looking at every single person while being like..

NiYRbaS.gif

Saw someone do this with a full basket of shopping earlier. Absolute scenes.

Anyone who thinks it's acceptable to steal a basket because of a 5p charge for a bag is a piece of scummy garbage and I hope they get caught and charged.

I occasionally go into the Kingsway East ASDA as, surpringly, their wine prices/choices are amongst the best in any supermarket.

It is not a pleasant experience. :(

If it stops the fuckwads who buy one loaf of bread and then ask for plastic bag to put it in then good. Bunch of c***s they are.

Mystifies me how folk can go in a shop, spend £30 on their shopping and then bitch over paying an extra 15/20p for bags which you can reuse if you're not a brain-dead moron.

Morrisons and Co-op appear to have now gone for a self-assessment option at the scanners, asking you how may bags you're using, which at least prevents a massive hold-up. Tesco's behaviour as described earlier is a total shambles, and adds yet another reason to not visit their horrible establishment.

This really is a great initiative all round.

Saves the planet and gets right-wing cretins absolutely seething.

What is there not to like.

Instead of the flimsy checkout bags choking up the rivers, there will be thicker bags for life choking up the rivers.

Instead of the flimsy checkout bags choking up the rivers, there will be thicker bags for life choking up the rivers.

But right-wing c***s will be seething every time that they go shopping. That's what matters to me.

Archived