Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

Thought a dedicated topic to discuss this guy is in order as he seems to be the man of the moment.

So he spent nine years at University studying politics but ended up leaving without a degree because he was too busy playing student politics and setting up his career as a Labour Party apparatchik. He supports student fees, the Iraq War and trident.

I'm really struggling to understand how the f**k he stands a chance.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add to that, very questionable activity in regards to his properties linked to his Wastemonster expenses claims.

He is part of the problem, not the solution, however I do hope he presides over the Labour collapse in Scotland.

Anus Sarwar clearly does not like him, lol.

Thought a dedicated topic to discuss this guy is in order as he seems to be the man of the moment.

So he spent nine years at University studying politics but ended up leaving without a degree because he was too busy playing student politics and setting up his career as a Labour Party apparatchik. He supports student fees, the Iraq War and trident.

I'm really struggling to understand how the f**k he stands a chance.

Because Lamont was right (let's face it she had to be right about something eventually) Labour in London are totally divorced from the reality of what's happening on the ground in Scotland. Murphy can't be the choice of the party in Scotland; he's the exact opposite of what they need.

This is getting pushed by the UK party and I suspect the block union vote together with party 'loyalists' will largely fall into line. Rather than addressing the problems that Lamont highlighted this will simply reinforce them.

Add to that, very questionable activity in regards to his properties linked to his Wastemonster expenses claims.

Took £20,000 per year expenses to rent accommodation in London, at the same time as letting out property they owned in the city.

He just comes across as a Machiavellian, bullying w**k and his track record of being a total c**t is well known. The opposition seems to be a seemingly alright guy who's a bit of a wet blanket.

Unfortunately the former set of characteristics has a lot better chance of doing well with Scottish Labour.

Surely most unions will be against Murphy? He's to the right of Ed, was behind David Milliband's failed leadership bid.

IIRC Ed got more of the union votes than David but not significantly so. Difference this time being the lobbying coming from the party leadership. IMO Milliband will try to convince the unions that Murphy is the best bet to avoid anihilation of Labour in Scotland.

IIRC Ed got more of the union votes than David but not significantly so. Difference this time being the lobbying coming from the party leadership. IMO Milliband will try to convince the unions that Murphy is the best bet to avoid anihilation of Labour in Scotland.

The three big unions backed Ed. It was their backing that got him the gig. The MPs/MEPs chose DM, the party members chose DM but Unite, GMB and Unison backed Ed as a candidate and they had 75% of the union vote, with almost 1 in 2 union voters going with their recommendation.

In the 1st Round of votes cast, Ed was 30,000 ahead of DM with the total cast for Abbot, Balls and Burnham not matching his.

By the 4th round the numbers were:

MEPs / MPs: Ed 122 vs Dave 140

Members: Ed 55992 vs Dave 66814

Unions: Ed 119,405 vs Dave 80,266.

60-40 in percentages of that union vote is pretty decisive I'd say.

You can normally tell from the reaction of opposition goons how they feel about someone. So from that point of view, the NCC are a bit worried about Murphy. It will be the first time that Labour have had a leader with any ability whatsoever since Dewars days and they have an untried leader themselves as well as losing the one politician they had who was actually fairly able.

I've always said he was a good politician. I've never liked his politics or his divisive nationalism.

Because you see all three of the unionist parties singing 'Koom bah yah' around a campfire right enough.

Is the Scottish Labour leadership decided in the same way as the UK?

Funny seeing the people who can't see beyond their own little far-left bubble. "I WANT A LEFTIE, SO FUCKIN SCOTLAND WANTS A LEFTIE".

The reality is different. Crying on about him being a 'war criminal' is hilarious too. He will be a success, just as he has been in his constituency.

I hope he gets it. He's a good politician, a good man and come from the same wing of the party as I do. He will do well. It's amusing how scared the Nats on twitter seem to be about him becoming leader. Despite the complete mess Labour are in in Scotland you can see how frightened they are of a decent leader of Scottish Labour coming to the fore.

I hope he gets it. He's a good politician, a good man and come from the same wing of the party as I do. He will do well. It's amusing how scared the Nats on twitter seem to be about him becoming leader. Despite the complete mess Labour are in in Scotland you can see how frightened they are of a decent leader of Scottish Labour coming to the fore.

What is he good at? Shouting at old wifies in the street? The guy's a career politician with a short fuse, he'll get found out soon enough.

Archived