Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Lord Foulkes should be the nx leader.

Good idea. He's really popular and just what Labour need. Let me know when he'll be in Kirkcaldy so I can stock up on eggs.

I bet all the smugness that was in the Scottish Labour ranks on 19 September last year has disappeared completely.

Routed. Leaderless. A husk of a party.

Maybe standing side by side with the Tories wasn't such a clever idea after all?

Surely Deputy Dug will get the poisoned chalice till their inevitable pumping at next year's Holyrood election?

williams.jpg

She has to wait that long for a pumping? Needs a boyfriend

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-32760196

Some of those comments. :lol:

Ditch the xenophobic SNP & vote for someone else & maybe Scotland's voice will be heard as part of a coalition the English support.

As it is at the moment SNP MPs might just as well stay in Scotland.

The one Conservative Scottish MP has more influence than 56 SNP members.

If Scotland threatens England with a regressive Labour government again we WILL vote again to keep it out.

:lol:

You're welcome.

Quick question, seeing what the Tories are wanting to do less than a week after having a majorit, Do you think the Lib Dems have been vindicated about in regards to there time in Government?

Quick question, seeing what the Tories are wanting to do less than a week after having a majorit, Do you think the Lib Dems have been vindicated about in regards to there time in Government?

His answer will be yes and he will be wrong.

You can normally tell from the reaction of opposition goons how they feel about someone. So from that point of view, the NCC are a bit worried about Murphy. It will be the first time that Labour have had a leader with any ability whatsoever since Dewars days and they have an untried leader themselves as well as losing the one politician they had who was actually fairly able.

:lol:

Never gets old.

Bye Jim! I see you refused to take any blame for Labours demise. The only MP that seemed to take any responsibilty or have any dignity in defeat was Douglas Alexander admitting that they needed to regain the scottish electorates trust. This was said straight after defeat to a 20 year old so fair play to him, must have been hard to take.

Jim was a terrible politician and I think, a terrible person. Enjoy the political wilderness you shouty arsehole of a man.

Hope he falls into political oblivion and is never heard of again.

As for the new leader I really hope they go for something, and someone, new. That another right - wing Blairite. Someone who will take them back to their roots and be able to challenge the SNP from the left.

Don't know much about the Labour rank and file but Neil Findlay seems the obvious candidate for the job.

Of course it will be someone completely uninspiring like Dugdale or Marra.

Findlay is the obvious choice but, to be honest, it doesn't matter who they appoint to the branch office. If the UK party elect a Blairite fud as seems likely no Scottish Labour leader will be able to reconnect with the Scottish public.

Findlay is the obvious choice but, to be honest, it doesn't matter who they appoint to the branch office. If the UK party elect a Blairite fud as seems likely no Scottish Labour leader will be able to reconnect with the Scottish public.

This is true.

TBH the Scottish Labour Party need to break away from the London party and form a new and separate entity if they are to have any hope of surviving.

This is true.

TBH the Scottish Labour Party need to break away from the London party and form a new and separate entity if they are to have any hope of surviving.

Could see an SSP/Solidarity type scenario where both fade into irrelevance.

Pleasing.

Archived