Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

Was just reading that Jim Murphy has asked the leaders of Glasgow and Edinburgh councils to report to him by the end of this year regarding cross city plans to increase their general clout etc.

Can someone explain how, in his position, he is able to order the spending of public money like this ??

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.scotsman.com/news/odd/jim-murphy-claimed-for-irn-bru-on-expenses-1-3684503

What a fckn nerve! We pay for his IrnBru malarky... has he not had enough of tax payers' money over his lifetime?

I'm not clued up on what MP's are allowed to claim for. Did Murphy stay overnight on his 100 town tour or commute to every town. Were expenses paid for his travel etc?

Reeks of "look at how scottish i am "in much the same way he goes jogging with a tv crew in his retro top

He's pulling shite like "Labour must be more patriotic" now as well.

romanovpalm.png

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/02/unless-something-changes-soon-scottish-labour-is-doomed/

Fantastic article by Alex Massie

The headline figures in today’s YouGov poll for The Times are brutal for Scottish Labour. Labour (27 percent) are still 20 points behind the SNP (48%). But that’s the good news. Because everything else is even worse.

Consider this: 95 percent of SNP supporters think Nicola Sturgeon is doing a good job. That’s impressive or, if you prefer, slightly terrifying. But, hark at this: 39 percent of Labour supporters think Nicola is performing admirably. Her net approval rating amongst Labour voters is just -4. Jim Murphy’s net approval rating amongst SNP supporters, meanwhile, is -54.

Or this: 67 percent of SNP voters say there is no chance they will change their minds before the election but only 50 percent of Labour supporters are so certain. Overall, more than 90 percent of SNP voters reckon it is extremely unlikely they will change their minds.

So, Labour in Scotland is really going to make the sale of booze at football games an issue in time for the general election.

How fucking stupid must they think we are and how stupid are some of us to vote for that as an election issue? #jings

Murphy clutching at straws with his booze in fitba gimmick. Is this really a major election issue? While most of us wouldn't mind a pint while watching a match, we also know the carnage that would ensue in certain games. Is JM saying he's prepared to have even more OF-related violence and domestic abuse? All for a few votes.

Nah, I'm happy to go 90 minutes without a drink. Maybe I'm auld or something but folk used to look down on those who needed a drink in the early afternoon.

Any lingering doubts that any Labour supporter had about the sheer panic Murphy is in and the absolute depths he will stoop to will have been set aside by this latest pronouncement.

I can see Desperate Jim replacing Desperate Dan as a Scottish icon, albeit as a brief and soon to be forgotten one.

Anyone who votes for a party based on the idea that they can get a beer at a football match, perhaps needs to re-assess their priorities.

It's interesting to note that as of yet (well none that I have seen anyway, so feel free to point them out) none of the ideas put forward by Murphy are ones that are relevant to the Westminster election. In my view he is attempting to deflect away from the fact that Labour is run from London.

Archived