Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Ecto. I must have missed the meeting where it was decided that you could reopen debates.

Enjoy the responsibility.

oh dear, feeling a little sorry for yourself now, you should be as this has not been your finest hour, the only thing that has really been "half-baked" has been your argument and to be honest am not sure what your motivation was for it at all, which is not like you

Thought a dedicated topic to discuss this guy is in order as he seems to be the man of the moment.

So he spent nine years at University studying politics but ended up leaving without a degree because he was too busy playing student politics and setting up his career as a Labour Party apparatchik. He supports student fees, the Iraq War and trident.

I'm really struggling to understand how the f**k he stands a chance.

He is a fucking utter bellend tosser of a a human being. A linear thinking minion of the darkside and too ignorant to understand what goes on behind the scenes in the political world (no different from 80% of the general public really)

He's coming across very well.

He generally does.

On the night of the referendum he was nowhere near the arsehole I expected - and it was patently obvious that he was gunning for Scottish Labour leadership at that point.

The problem is when he starts talking about the details of policy - his true arse-holish-ness comes out. He talks the talk but there's f**k all in terms of substance.

He says what Milipede tells him to say.

I'm not sure that he does.

From what I've read they weren't close - and Miliband was side-lining him down there. I wouldn't be surprised if Jim sees this job as a stepping stone to a top job in a future Labour WM government (when Labour is led by the next Blairite messiah - whoever the f**k that is).

He generally does.

On the night of the referendum he was nowhere near the arsehole I expected - and it was patently obvious that he was gunning for Scottish Labour leadership at that point.

The problem is when he starts talking about the details of policy - his true arse-holish-ness comes out. He talks the talk but there's f**k all in terms of substance.

Time will really tell. Spin has not stopped UKIP though, maybe its helped them...

Was listening to off the ball when driving back from shops earlier. Best bit was when the Murphy was waffling some meaningless pish and kept using the term - focal point

To which Cowan chipped in "a bit like there is focal point to Scottish Labour"

Magic :thumsup2

Murphy is currently on Off The Ball.

Glad I missed Off the Ball, in that case, as I had to sort out the car. Usually listen every week, but I would've switched off today anyway. The guy makes me cringe when he's in that type of scenario - unctuous doesn't even begin to define him when he is in banter mode.

Don't be sucked in by everything that you read. Murphy and Miliband are very much cut from the same cloth.

As long as Scottish Labour remain a branch party, they will always take orders from Westminster. They don't have a choice in the matter, even if they jump up and down screaming that they do.

There will be a stitched-up / staged / mock disagreement between Murphy and Miliband about end of January to beginning of February. It'll be something highly localised to Scotland to ensure Miliband doesn't get bad coverage in rUK, while ensuring the usual suspects up here in the media give it big licks eg. Scotsman, BBC, Record for Murphy being his own man etc. I'm half-expecting Murphy to be photo-shopped up as Braveheart on the front of the Record, it'll be that level of subtlety in likelihood.

Was listening to off the ball when driving back from shops earlier. Best bit was when the Murphy was waffling some meaningless pish and kept using the term - focal point

To which Cowan chipped in "a bit like there is focal point to Scottish Labour"

Magic :thumsup2

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad I missed Off the Ball, in that case, as I had to sort out the car. Usually listen every week, but I would've switched off today anyway. The guy makes me cringe when he's in that type of scenario - unctuous doesn't even begin to define him when he is in banter mode.

There will be a stitched-up / staged / mock disagreement between Murphy and Miliband about end of January to beginning of February. It'll be something highly localised to Scotland to ensure Miliband doesn't get bad coverage in rUK, while ensuring the usual suspects up here in the media give it big licks eg. Scotsman, BBC, Record for Murphy being his own man etc. I'm half-expecting Murphy to be photo-shopped up as Braveheart on the front of the Record, it'll be that level of subtlety in likelihood.

I can think of nobody I would rather slap, than the useless piece of pish that is Jim Murphy. He really does literally make my flesh crawl, every single time he appears on TV

The scenario you've outlined in the second part of your post, is worryingly similar to something I said to a mate recently. I fear this will indeed happen.

8z0aoy.jpg

:yucky

:lol:

The scenario you've outlined in the second part of your post, is worryingly similar to something I said to a mate recently. I fear this will indeed happen.

It'll be something relatively banal to ensure it doesn't get picked up down South, and thereafter every other thing he says will be framed with reference to this 'standing up' etc.

I can't see it working tbh. The polls down South will start to pick up for the Tories and throw Miliband's timid campaign strategy to the wall, which was always based on getting voting fodder sent down from Scotland as a wee boost, and the polls will probably stay close to present up here and then move ever so slightly to Labour. Labour in Scotland will go into the campaign in a cautious mess by the time it starts officially.

The best outcome would be a whole bunch of SNP MPs. Plus, if Sturgeon givers her go-ahead to plan to vote on English issues, to enhance Scottish influence in westminster, the Tories down South will be a greetin' wreck.

More on the Scottish Thatcher:

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2014/12/22/reverse-honeymoon-snp-lead-widens-following-jim-murphy-selec

Embarrassingly for Murphy who has been labelled a "Red Tory" by nationalists, the poll found Conservative voters were the most supportive of his selection, with 37% saying he would make Labour more successful.

Archived