Have you ever been barred/banned from anywhere?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 3/4 years ago I got barred from the corner shop near my house. Went in to buy my cairryoot for my pal's birthday night of nonsense and the fat bint of a woman behind the counter said "haw, you're barred" but I paid her no attention as I continued to walk over to the fridge with the beer in it. I thought she was having a joke since I used to buy beer from them nearly every weekend and I thought she knew me. She then shouted at me "did ye no hear me there? Yer barred, oot!" to which I turned round completely bemused and had the temerity to ask why. "Oh I think you know fine well why" she spouted before I told her that really, I had no clue what I could've been barred for.

"Last week you were in here buying beer," she said (and this would have been true enough given I just lived round the corner) "and you went outside wae it and gave it to a bunch of underagers. I saw it on the CCTV screen maself so ye can't fool me" - though I've never done that in my puff I claimed mistaken identity before realising I couldn't win and told her she'd lost a good customer. I was more pissed off at having to go out of my way to another wee shop for more expensive beer than being barred.

Later that night at the party I told my pal who lived round the corner too and he said the same woman told him she'd barred some boy by mistake and that she felt pretty bad about it. The next day I went in and she immediately apologised. I just shrugged it off but I'd have happily shat in her kettle at the time. I think she got the sack soon afterwards, didn't see her for long after that.

I got banned from the Caledonian (Smith and Jones to us locals) across from McDonalds 2 weeks after it opened. Was in one Friday about 4 in the afternoon with a mate who was up from Edinburgh, we had been in for about 2 hours and had about 5 or 6 pints so we were a bit cheery. We were quoting some film or such amd my mate shouted something out when the duty manager, a small, bald Weegie, told us to finish our pints and go elsewhere.

I called him a wee fanny and purposly dropped my pint on the floor, smashing it everywhere, turned and walked out. He shouted that I was banned for life.

Literally a week later in the Highland News, I read this bellend had been sacked by the chain who own the pub after it turned out his wife was on the books but she didn't actually work there.

Cue me walking in that very next Friday like this -

biDFHU0.gif

I got banned from the Caledonian (Smith and Jones to us locals) across from McDonalds 2 weeks after it opened. Was in one Friday about 4 in the afternoon with a mate who was up from Edinburgh, we had been in for about 2 hours and had about 5 or 6 pints so we were a bit cheery.

Disgusting. :thumbsdown

I'm barred from Liquid in Dundee.We had been at our game at Dens during the day and we had been on it all day. We reached that part of the night when you just hit a brick wall. We were beyond being able to hold a conversation with each other, just sitting staring at our pints which had barely been touched in half an hour, staring onto the dancefloor, probably drooling. We were basically disabled through drink.

Without any warning,my mate flips over our table which was full of drinks and empty glasses for no reason whatsoever. The boucers come running over and we thought it would be funny to throw chairs and tables at them. After scuffling with them for a couple of minutes we were dragged out individually. My mate managed to kick over another table on his way out whilst being dragged out by a huge door monkey and he took a slap for his trouble.

We were left in no uncertain terms that our custom wouldn't be welcome in the future. It was shite anyway.

Me and a a pal got 'barred' from the Shed in Shawlands two weeks in succesion for singing offensive Paul Gascoigne songs around the start of 2013, he'd been in the papers that week after having another complete meltdown. Huckled down the stairs by some mortally offended bouncer on both occasions. Never been officially unbarred but I'm in there practically every second week these days so all is good in the world.

Was briefly barred from The Langside Bar (RIP) last year after a friend of mine ALLEGEDLY called the new manager a w****r (the barb was in fact aimed at myself). As a drunken fool and one of the establishment's best known regulars, I started with the whole 'do you know who I am?' shit. Turns out he didn't and the ban was lifted the following day with a full apology from said manager and a free drink. Sensational.

Me and a a pal got 'barred' from the Shed in Shawlands two weeks in succesion for singing offensive Paul Gascoigne songs around the start of 2013, he'd been in the papers that week after having another complete meltdown. Huckled down the stairs by some mortally offended bouncer on both occasions.

This might have been relevant in 1998 but the guys a fucking train wreck now. I fail to see the humour in it tbh.

RIP The Langside bar. Shut down to make yet another shitey expensive Sainsbury's. And six months later, it's still not even close to opening.

Was the previous manager the big ginger lassie who would just stand and chat to customers and her mates while they were queuing three deep at the bar?

This might have been relevant in 1998 but the guys a fucking train wreck now. I fail to see the humour in it tbh.

Largely in agreement haha. Drunken japery gone awry.

RIP The Langside bar. Shut down to make yet another shitey expensive Sainsbury's. And six months later, it's still not even close to opening.

Was the previous manager the big ginger lassie who would just stand and chat to customers and her mates while they were queuing three deep at the bar?

I don't think she was ever management but she certainly liked to act like she was!

Me and my mates got banned from our local sports centre when we were about 13-14 for generally just being wee disruptive arseholes. One was apparently handed a life-ban though I don't know how true that is (probably bollocks).

Didn't matter as the place was already planned for demolition to make way for a new one and they indeed started knocking it down a few months later.

Archived