Morton V Airdrie

cornbeef

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standard wankery from the cringeworthy Caley-educated losers who wash up at the Herald. Perhaps had he paid more attention to his brief rather than massaging his own ego then he'd have known that Gasparotto plays for Airdrie, not us - unless McKee was just about crap enough to get sent off for tackling his own player.

Stupid c**t.

Completely agree. :lol:

Airdrie chairman wasn't happy about the match report either:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/on-the-attack-airdrie-chairman-shows-red-card-to-herald-hack.1415116704

Think he's taking it a little bit too seriously.

Ballentyne being a fud? Surely not.

We all know journalists are useless when covering games at this level, but the fact he has annoyed someone like ballentyne then i think he can be forgiven on this occasion.

Airdrie chairman wasn't happy about the match report either:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/on-the-attack-airdrie-chairman-shows-red-card-to-herald-hack.1415116704

Think he's taking it a little bit too seriously.

For once I agree with Ballantyne.

I've witnessed worse games this season than the one against Morton, which doesn't say a lot about the game, nor our squad.

The article itself smacks of a low level, narcissistic journo trying his damnedest to catch his break. He might well have succeeded, to a certain extent, but when teams like ours get precious little space in papers like the Herald it's a bit disappointing to see a supposed 'quality paper' print such self absorbed drivel. As has been stated above, and by the chairman, he couldn't get the facts of the match he bothered to write about correct.

The tone of the article is a pretty generic "boredom" script as well, been done many times before but at least he got his five minutes. I now fully expect him to be applying for, and being refused, an internship at Tell Him He's Pele.

I'm guessing the first half didn't actually look too bad from an Airdrie perspective. The game faded away in the second half as Airdrie dropped down to our level, and therefore couldn't even take advantage of the extra man. The quality was terrible, as has every match I've seen this season. The article is all about the reporter rather than the match - I'm sure I'll see worse matches this season.

This should've been a story about the Ricki Lamie xi against the Marc Fitzpatrick xi - the swapping of the world's worst players.

You can tell he's not used to watching games at this level if he thought the game was one of the worst 90 minutes imaginable. That wont even make the 'top 3' horrendous Airdrie games this season. Poor guy is trying to make a name for himself in a dying industry, and it's no surprise it's dying when that's what is being produced.

So which of youse is next to be put the Spartans sword ;) ?

Airdrie, probably.

Given there's the prospect of a really good day out, and a decent chance of progression, I've absolutely no doubt that we'll do our usual and bottle it.

That said, there's nothing to fear from this Morton side and we should really be looking to take the game to them. We've not had a cup run since god was a boy. We're surely due a bit of luck

This is going to be a very tricky encounter.

We will be without 'Dece' McManus and Joe McKee for this one, which could prove to be pivotal. As VikingTON stated in another forum, just the mere presence of Dece causes teams to drop ten yards deeper, allowing more space for our players to roam. We managed well without McKee on Saturday, with young Jon Scullion partnering Thomas O'Ware in midfield, but he is still a big miss.

I desperately want an away trip to the capital, so we better fucking win this. Hard fought one nil win, with oor Tam heading home the winner late on.

Archived