Morton V Airdrie

cornbeef

Is there really so little interest in this tie ? I think it has the makings of a good game. We narrowly beat Airdrie at Scapa after going a goal down. They have only one defeat in their last 5 games. We are all over the place, with a 'sack Duffy' performance every couple of weeks.

Hopefully McManus is now back among the goals, and there's always the emerging legend of Tam O'ware to give us the edge in this one. I'd also like to see Jamie McCluskey coming back into contention - he offers much needed creativity.

We are 'probably' expected to win this one - but an Airdrie win wouldn't be a shock exactly. I'm predicting a draw : (

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Declan McManus won't be playing, Aberdeen haven't given him permission to, but Rangers have allowed Robbie Crawford to play.

So we've lost our main goal threat , are we looking at Scullion or McNeil or Crawford coming in ? Wouldn't like to second guess the Duffster - but I think a draw is even more likely now.

So we've lost our main goal threat , are we looking at Scullion or McNeil or Crawford coming in ? Wouldn't like to second guess the Duffster - but I think a draw is even more likely now.

You would imagine that McNeil or Scullion would get a chance alongside Barrowman.

I'm going to the game as its the last one I can get to until February, but not so much interested in the result. Its a naff Scottish cup tie and with absolutely no disrespect to Morton - and I'm sure they'd say the same about Airdrie - we'd have hoped for a 'better' tie in terms of a decent away day to a Junior or lower league opposition representing a decent chance to progress.

Hopefully we'll learn from our pedestrian first half performance against Stirling last week and go out and be on it straight from the off, possibly to grind out a result and get through to the next round. Heart says a 2-1 away win, head says a 3-1 home win.

Unspectacular, yet rather comfortable, home win.

Barrowman to net two.

Don't think we do 'comfortable'. I can see a bit of drama in this one with at least one penalty and a sprinkling of yellow (and possibly red) cards. Would be delighted to finish the day with a win (obviously) and hopefully, no injuries.

Entirely deserved red card, dreadful performance. We are entirely dependent on McManus. Airdrie should have won but didn't actually put us under much more pressure with the extra man.

Relieved to at least get another chance to progress but with no McManus for the replay we're likely to struggle again.

Quite possibly the most boring game of football I've ever watched, we were shite, although sending off was undeserved IMO

What part of the stadium were you sitting at?

Late, two footed, studs up. Don't really see how it could be anything other than a straight red.

Duffy's put together a team of hatchet men. Fouling at any opportunity today.

Today we got a look at our post-January squad. Once McManus leaves we will struggle badly.

Red card was entirely deserved. McKee will now miss the Forfar game and the replay.

Airdrie should have won so in that respect I'm happy to still be in the tie. Not optimistic about going through.

What part of the stadium were you sitting at?

Late, two footed, studs up. Don't really see how it could be anything other than a straight red.

Duffy's put together a team of hatchet men. Fouling at any opportunity today.

Main stand, looked like a just a mistimed challenge but from where I was I couldn't tell if studs were up or not, can see why he was shown off, but in my opinion a yellow would have sufficed.

Should have won today but in reality didn't do enough going forward.

When will Scott Gray ever finish a 'one on one'???? Is that four now?

Memorable for the latest double substitution that I think I have ever seen. Gary; do that earlier and give the replacements the chance to touch the ball,

Thought the sending off might have been a yellow in other games but ref let several ' bookable' tackles from Morton players go so it seems that he got a bit ahead of himself

Archived