top 5 liked European Football Club Teams

Chris McDonald

1 hour ago, HK Hibee said:

That did make me laugh out loud…

Loved Totti as a player, great strip, some of the wife’s family live outside Rome and send kids Roma gear.

Still crying salty tears about 1984?

Pretty much aye.

1. Stuttgart

2. AC Milan

3. Valencia

4. Bordeaux 

5. Porto 

Honourable mentions for Fiorentina, Ajax, Dortmund, Galatasaray 

Top 5 dislike: 

1. Man City 

2. Real Madrid 

3. Juventus

4. PSG 

5. Bayern

1. Ajax.

2. Internationale (when I was younger, with Baggio, big Ron and Youri fucking Djorkaeff).

3. Dortmund.

4. Bilbao.

5. Man Utd, especially in the 90's.

Edited by velo army

Falkirk
On the cusp of greatness. Just you wait and see.

Carlisle United
My local team growing up. (Only 47 miles away). Spent a few glorious days at the top of the old first division when I was 12.

Paris FC
Note: Not Paris SG. Looked to be comfortable for automatic promotion this year before Hibsing it. Still in a playoff spot but only by a bawhair.

FC Kaiserslautern
I have a mate who lives close by and their his team. As with Paris FC, were looking good for automatic promotion before going into a slump. The've lost their last three.

Ajax Amsterdam
The first foreign team to hit my radar as a lad. And who doesn't love a team named after a bathroom cleaning product?

• 2 weeks later...

1. Unterhaching - Currently 4th in the 4th tier of German football (Regionalliga Bayern) after relegation from the 3. Bundesliga. Went to see them for the first time while in Munich on my stag do 6 years ago and saw an entertaining 2-2 draw vs Memmingen. Went a year later while in Munich for my 1st anniversary and saw them trounce Buchbach 5-0 during their promotion season. Closely followed their results since the Memmingen game and own one of their shirts and a scarf. They did have a very short spell in the Bundesliga for 2 years between 1999 and 2001. They also have a bobsleigh team as part of the club which is referenced in their club crest.

2. Venezia - They caught my eye years ago when they were in Serie A in the 90s and had Alvaro Recoba on loan. They slipped down the leagues after that but have worked their way back into Serie A from Serie C in recent years, although they are currently rock bottom of Serie A and heading back down to Serie B. Got one of their shirts while in Venice a few years ago and I've had more of an interest since. Their stadium is very unique as it is accessed by boat. One for the bucket list.

3. Rapid Vienna - Purely down to an extremely successful save in Football Manager 2016 where I took over Austrian football and reached the knockout stages of the Champions League. Own a couple of their shirts, too.

4. Valencia - Really liked the Valencia teams of the late 90s and early 2000s. Carew, Aimar, Ilie, Canizares, Ruben Baraja, Mendieta etc etc. In particular, the team that lost the Champions League final to Bayern was a cracker. I'm sure they beat Rangers and Leeds en route that year. Their kits the 90s and 2000s are also classics.

5. Bolton Wanderers - My English team. Started following them after going to see them at the Reebok vs Birmigham City around 2004. Clinton Morrison or Mikael Forssell (can't remember which one!) scored the only goal of the game after an assist by the one and only Christophe Dugarry. Bolton had the likes of Jay-Jay Okocha, Fernando Hierro, Stelios, Nolan, Davies, Ivan Campo & Ricardo Gardener. Stuck with them ever since after that game and try to get to a game every season or two. Was at the game away to Wigan a couple of months back. The whole matchday experience is much better south of the border. Also, gone are the days we sign players from Real Madrid...

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

On 09/05/2022 at 01:20, Shotgun said:

Falkirk
On the cusp of greatness. Just you wait and see.

Carlisle United
My local team growing up. (Only 47 miles away). Spent a few glorious days at the top of the old first division when I was 12.

Paris FC
Note: Not Paris SG. Looked to be comfortable for automatic promotion this year before Hibsing it. Still in a playoff spot but only by a bawhair.

FC Kaiserslautern
I have a mate who lives close by and their his team. As with Paris FC, were looking good for automatic promotion before going into a slump. The've lost their last three.

Ajax Amsterdam
The first foreign team to hit my radar as a lad. And who doesn't love a team named after a character from The Warriors movie.

Fixed that for you!

• 4 weeks later...