top 5 liked European Football Club Teams

Chris McDonald

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RC Lens

My first family holiday abroad was to the north of France and we were staying in a wee place about half an hour from Lens. Had a day trip into there one day and really liked the city but in particular loved their football stadium, it looked like a 'proper' football stadium.

Valencia CF

In FM 2005 I wanted to see if I could build a Spanish dynasty to rival that of Barcelona and Real Madrid. Valencia at the time were the nearest club to challenge them and I had a really good game going with them.

AC Milan

Loved watching them on Football Italia. Probably the greatest club side ever assembled until Guardiola's Barcelona team. Kinda gutted they're a bit rubbish these days, always looked forward to watching their games.

Galatasaray

Always loved the rivalry between Galatasaray and Fenerbache. Visited Istanbul in 2006, loved the city.

Newcastle United

Not sure if this counts? My uncle is from South Shields and spent a fair bit of time down there when I was younger, been to a few games with him. Also got a soft spot for South Shields FC for the same reason, delighted with their recent success.

Surprisingly, not too many pant wetting hipsters going for St Pauli (yet).

Anyway, in no particular order,

FC Utrecht - they were my local team once upon a time, albeit briefly, and I love the Galgenward Stadion. The Dutch nearly men. Great city for a night out too.

Al Ain - Also a local team once, and I do love a purple kit. They weren't allowed foreign players when I lived there. I left, they signed some crackers and won the league the next year.

Hamburg - Cracking city and a superb stadium with a great atmosphere. Will always try to get there at least once a year.

Bohemians - They were on my doorstep when I lived in Dublin. Went along and they went a goal and a man down before coming back to win 2-1. Good enough for AFJ.

ÍF Fuglafjørður - I went to the Faroe Islands in the summer and they really couldn't have been friendlier. Pit they are shite, but truly some of the nicest people. We ended up drinking in a stranger's house until silly o'clock after the game. I will definitely try to get back there soon. The Faroes, not the stranger's house, although we do have an e-mail contact if we do.

Edited by Audaces Fortuna Juvat

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

B. Munic        beat Athletico Madrid

Barcelona - how many losses to Dundee                         United ?

Bologna.       starting to play Hickey at 

RWB.

Empoli.           to deliver.

Torino.            Baker and Law , unfairly not 

the national team

Edited by Ewan8472

9 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

4AAB089F-BEFC-4B66-BF9F-5F560E6A1ACA.gif

That did make me laugh out loud…

Loved Totti as a player, great strip, some of the wife’s family live outside Rome and send kids Roma gear.

Still crying salty tears about 1984?