Dundee Utd v BOOOOOOOOO!

I'm not saying Goodwin isn't a loose canon who does stupid stuff from time to time, but people are now focussed on it in the way they aren't for other players - and indeed opposition players, managers and fans try to take advantage of it.

Which is why Aidan Connolly elbowed Goodwin in the face.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how the video, uploaded from someone watching TV and recording it on their phone, is slowed down to give it more impact (pardon the pun).It's hilarious how the Dundee United fans are up in arms (ooft, the punnery just keeps going) about this so called assault yet are happily supporting their player in regard to an actual assault on the street. Completely hypocritical position, but that's what people have come to expect from the denizens of the squalid east coast midden that is Dundee.

1. No assault has been proven; you're entitled to refer to it if it is proven but you make yourself look silly by pre judging.

2. Maybe you can point to these posts where the United fans are 'happily supporting' Paton over this accusation. I must have missed them.

I think normally if you get cited for something the ref has missed you get a longer ban than you normally would if the ref spots it at the time?

Goodwin and others could side step that landmine by not throwing elbows into the faces of fellow professionals.

Just caught it once on the online highlights, it didn't look much but definitely a bit of malice there imo.

Jim's previous will obviously count against him, as it should. It's getting beyond embarrassing now though.

Pretty much everything that could go wrong has gone wrong so far this season, apart from a few good away performances.

:lol:Dreadful.Why not just start supporting Celtic as your "nothing to see here" rhetoric would go down well with their Tonev denials.

You're proving yourself to be really thick. I'm not denying anything, I'm saying nothing has yet been proven. If you can't understand the difference between these two statements you would be better staying offline.

So rather than actually address your deflection of Paton's actions, while talking up the Goodwin "assault" you'd rather put someone on ignore.

That certainly says more about you than me.

You're trying to talk to somebody that has blocked you? Clever!

You're trying to talk to somebody that has blocked you? Clever!

Several people claim to have me on ignore yet somehow still read my comments, plus your quote help with that.

Anyway, let's get this straight.

Goodwin should be dealt with harshly by the authorities because one of your players ran into him, yet we cannot make any comments about Paton who viciously attacked someone in the street?

Several people claim to have me on ignore yet somehow still read my comments, plus your quote help with that.

Goodwin should be dealt with harshly by the authorities because one of your players ran into him, yet we cannot make any comments about Paton who viciously attacked someone in the street?

You're an awfy man.

You can say what you like about Paton, and I'm no fan of the boy, but given we can clearly see what Goodwin has done, it is a rather different scenario from one where we are relying on speculation. He may well have lamped Zaluska, he may not have touched him - I have no idea!

.. where we are relying on speculation.

So it's just speculation that he has been arrested for his attack on Zaluska?

He may well have lamped Zaluska, he may not have touched him - I have no idea!

So the Goodwin situation is implicit, Paton's is not, despite one being arrested and going to court while the other wasn't even spoken to by the referee? And you think that's an entirely acceptable approach to this then?

Paton is subject to a criminal court case for an off field incident.

Goodwin is facing a ban from within the football authorities.

Totally different scenarios.

Archived