Dundee Utd v BOOOOOOOOO!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and the "it wouldn't be discussed" stuff is a total lie. If someone takes a deliberate elbow to the face, it's usually something that comes up in a highlight package if they have it on tape.

The Youtube highlights missed it right enough.

To be honest, now I've seen it, it's nothing like the Armstrong one or any of the Ross County ones, it is a bit tame in comparison. Indeed I'm not sure that Goodwin just accidentally catches him as he is trying to shield the ball. He hadn't swung his arm back with any real force. Equally how can the officials claim to have missed that? It's not off the ball and the linesman will be looking right at it from 15 yards to see when the ball goes out?

I quite liked that it's all the BBC's fault that he'd get banned. Not Goodwin's fault at all. It wasn't him that threw the elbow. It was some BBC employee that came on and done it.

Well the point is, the compliance officer can't ignore it when highlighted by the BBC.

And it does get missed, a shown by the SPFL highlights lack of it!

The Youtube highlights missed it right enough.

To be honest, now I've seen it, it's nothing like the Armstrong one or any of the Ross County ones, it is a bit tame in comparison. Indeed I'm not sure that Goodwin just accidentally catches him as he is trying to shield the ball. He hadn't swung his arm back with any real force. Equally how can the officials claim to have missed that? It's not off the ball and the linesman will be looking right at it from 15 yards to see when the ball goes out?

Really?! It's as obvious as day that he swings his elbow to catch him - it's tame, you are right, which just further highlights Goodwin's stupidity!

What was the point Jim?

The bottom line is that it was deliberate. How severe is relevant but only one of the factors that should be taken into account. If we had a player like that at United I would want him dealt with as it becomes a liability for the team.

The bottom line is that it was deliberate. How severe is relevant but only one of the factors that should be taken into account. If we had a player like that at United I would want him dealt with as it becomes a liability for the team.

He would be dealt with.

"Internally".

I've yet to see it and am a bit hesitant to comment, as there is a section of the Saints support who will turn on you if you're seen bad mouthing Jim on a mixed fans forum.

Can't think who that would be tbh.

Just watched the highlights there, hopefully Paton gets a ban as well for assaulting the corner flag. He clearly can't control himself.

Sevco levels of delusion :lol:

Only seen it once, and youtube doesn't show it nor are the BBC highlights on the website.

It just looked like him shielding the ball out of play, and the united player went down. If he's swung the elbow he deserves a ban, although so do the ref and linesman who were right there for missing it!

Ironic that Bobby F normally whines like a bitch about referees screwing Saint Mirren over yet here we have a situation where an official misses something which benefits the Buddies and he still has the audacity to gripe about it.

I think normally if you get cited for something the ref has missed you get a longer ban than you normally would if the ref spots it at the time?

I like how the video, uploaded from someone watching TV and recording it on their phone, is slowed down to give it more impact (pardon the pun).

It's hilarious how the Dundee United fans are up in arms (ooft, the punnery just keeps going) about this so called assault yet are happily supporting their player in regard to an actual assault on the street. Completely hypocritical position, but that's what people have come to expect from the denizens of the squalid east coast midden that is Dundee.

I like how the video, uploaded from someone watching TV and recording it on their phone, is slowed down to give it more impact (pardon the pun).

It's hilarious how the Dundee United fans are up in arms (ooft, the punnery just keeps going) about this so called assault yet are happily supporting their player in regard to an actual assault on the street. Completely hypocritical position, but that's what people have come to expect from the denizens of the squalid east coast midden that is Dundee.

2/10

2/10

Generous.

Oh, and the "it wouldn't be discussed" stuff is a total lie. If someone takes a deliberate elbow to the face, it's usually something that comes up in a highlight package if they have it on tape.

It's really not a total lie.

We all must have seen plenty of things at games and then wondered why they get totally blanked on TV.

Even high profile games that are shown live and in their entirety, with multiple camera angles, are liable to the interpretation of pundits/commentators.

I watched the Manchester Derby yesterday and couldn't believe the commentator saying Toure had taken the ball on his thigh before being pulled down by the United defender... as I was watching the ball clearly miss Toure's thigh an be poked away by the defenders foot.

Back in the studio Souness, Rednapp and Quinn (admittedly probably not the most pro-United panel you'll ever see) all agreed it was a red card and a stonewall penalty.

I'm not saying Goodwin isn't a loose canon who does stupid stuff from time to time, but people are now focussed on it in the way they aren't for other players - and indeed opposition players, managers and fans try to take advantage of it.

It's not unusual this calendar year for Goodwin to put in a perfectly good tackle and have the opposition going mental about it.

I said several times last season that it'd be better for us and the player if he moved on.

Archived